Same Gamertag on mulitple Xbox's?

fixtures_man

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to have have your gamertag stored on multiple Xbox360s? Just wondering cause I spend a lot of time at my gf's hosue had her flatmate has a 360. Broke my High score on Geometry Wars on his machine under his Tag! I tried the recover Gamertag option but it said I would loze all my saved games/achievements?

Nope, not possible with the 360 I'm afraid - your gamertag can be in only one place at one time. The only real way around this is to buy a memory card and put it on that, so at least you're semi-mobile then. According to Major Nelson the reason they've done this is so that achievements etc are synchronised properly.

i Move mine from my one upstairs to my husbands down stairs , if you use a memory card it doesn not move things you've unlocked as well just your profile, however if you put your hard drive on their machine everything moves over fully.
hope this helps anyone.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ah, yes good point, you can just shift your hard drive about too, but if you use the memory card, you still retain your achievements I believe.

How about if you disconnect your hard drive then do a account recovery with just your memory card in then you will have it on your memory cardd and your hard drive surely?

This way you can take the memory card round with you to use when fit without copying all the time.

bu5ter said:
How about if you disconnect your hard drive then do a account recovery with just your memory card in then you will have it on your memory cardd and your hard drive surely?

This way you can take the memory card round with you to use when fit without copying all the time.
Not sure about that as the achievements are not stored on your hard drive. Bit harsh that the achievements get lost though, what happens if the hard drive fails?

gillette 73 said:
i Move mine from my one upstairs to my husbands down stairs , if you use a memory card it doesn not move things you've unlocked as well just your profile, however if you put your hard drive on their machine everything moves over fully.
hope this helps anyone.:clap: :clap: :clap:
That definately helps me, I was thinking of buying a 2nd 360 to have one upstairs and one downstairs but didn't want to if I'd have to mess with account recoveries each time. In the past I haven't been able to get a definitave answer but it's good to know that I can just swap my hard drive and everything is seamless.

i have tried it both ways to play doa , when using the memory card i was back to basics with two costumes to the standard players. when using the hard drive i had everything i had unlocked and all achievements, as the main info is stored with microsoft. the hard drive carries over everything the memory card shifting the profiles is rather useless, and a faff on.

gillette 73 said:
i have tried it both ways to play doa , when using the memory card i was back to basics with two costumes to the standard players. when using the hard drive i had everything i had unlocked and all achievements, as the main info is stored with microsoft. the hard drive carries over everything the memory card shifting the profiles is rather useless, and a faff on.
Yeah, this is because you're moving your save game around too when you move your hard drive, as opposed to just moving your profile on the memory card. If you put your save game on the memory card too though, you would have all the unlocks also, so it's not strictly true that the memory card is useless, just obviously alot more space limited.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom