• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samba Closing Down

KayCS

Thanks for getting it right as some forums are reporting that Samba have gone bust and that’s not the case as they have simply implemented a close down.

As with Ovivo I’ve saved countless £££ over the 2 years I’ve had a Samba sim so have no regrets even though I have nearly 6GB of data on my sim.

The free data is not what I will miss the most but the fact the data does not expire, well at least it didn’t to they closed down:D and it was this aspect of Samba that has saved me mega bucks over the 2 years.

Samba R.I.P.

Thought I would add that at this moment my data from Samba is still working but I think this may change by close of play today.

jerryq7777

Same for me with Ovivo kept it as a backup sim for data.

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
Shame on both services as they were incredible value, samba have handled it much better than ovivo though, they've explained in detail what has happened and I even for an email from them today suggesting a replacement network. I do hope someone can find a way to make this ad funded mobile network model work, for low use customers they were perfect

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom