• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sam LE40A656 Firmware Update Issue

C

CHRIS1977

Hi, hope sombody can help :lease:

I have been trying to update the firmware following the instructions on the Samsung website, but no joys! All I get is 'Checking USB may take over 30secs' and then nothing just a blank screen, EXT1, no signal (waited 15mins).

Has anybody managed to update? If so can you give me the details on how you performed the miracle.

Thanks

Chris

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Hi, hope sombody can help :lease:

I have been trying to update the firmware following the instructions on the Samsung website, but no joys! All I get is 'Checking USB may take over 30secs' and then nothing just a blank screen, EXT1, no signal (waited 15mins).

Has anybody managed to update? If so can you give me the details on how you performed the miracle.

Thanks

Chris
Have a look/read through this thread HERE also can you use the linked thread for any other questions you may have.

Curly

Woods C18

Standard Member
Chris, did you find the answer to this problem? I have experienced exactly the same thing and can't find anything online to help.

MJoker

Standard Member
I got the update running by changing the filename from T-AMBPEUMD to T-PRLPEUMD. Apparently there are Amber and Pearl versions of the tv (or firmware) available. There is more discussion about the matter behind this link.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom