1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sam LE32R41B or Tosh 32WL56P

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by barry-k, Aug 8, 2005.

1. barry-k

barry-k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi can anyone suggest which is a better model. The toshiba is only a little more pricey £40-£50 more. Im tempted by the Toshiba but i've heared it has a strange HDMI socket that requires a separate adapter.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated!

2. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    I think you mean the VGA connector requires an adaptor if you want to use component video on the Toshiba TV since it lacks standard a component video connection. As far as I'm aware the HDMI sockets are identical on all LCDs that have them.

I'd suggest you take a look at those two models in a shop and see for yourself which one you prefer as it's difficult to recommend LCDs. I have the Samsung model albeit the 26" version and I think it's an excellent set but you might hate it.

Seeing as they are priced the same, I'd imagine they'd be pretty similar in terms of picture quality and features. The Samsung has a separate component video connector though but lacks an adjustable backlight. I find the auto setting perfect though but I know some people have quibbles with it. I think the Toshiba has an adjustable backlight so if that is important to you then that swings it in it's favour.

3. barry-k

barry-k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers mate... i will go have a look at them....I was seriously interested in the Samsung....its relatively cheap....but weary of the quality compared to other models...but you seem happy with yours....hhmmmm
    to....be....continued