Salvador Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Great review Cas. I remember going to the cinema to watch this film and in my tiny mind it is one of the greatest conflict films ever made. Not seen it on the small screen but with the reassurance of your review it's a definite purchase.

Would you pack it in Cas!

You are going to cause marriage problems for lots of us at this rate :facepalm:

Not sure if I have actually seen this, So will keep it on my radar :thumbsup:

Thanks for the review Cas,it is a great movie,owned for a while now a German blu ray release,i have feeling its from the same master,so not sure if it need an upgrade :)

Just looking at the codec on my German one VC-1,the UK has an Codec: MPEG-4 AVC (34.89 Mbps),might have to go for the this one,bugger :(:D

Last edited:
In the spirit of free speech and democracy, the Americans under direction of Regan Banned this movie when it was released. It never went on general release in the USA. It got a very limited release in the UK We saw it at an independent cinema as the major chains banned it.
Salvador is a brilliant movie and so true and accurate that the warmongering Republicans were terrified of the truth coming out. That isn't very free or brave is it?

the Americans under direction of Regan Banned this movie when it was released. It never went on general release in the USA

Where did you get that information from? Not only was it on general release from april 1986 onwards in the USA, it was also nominated for 2 academy awards.

In the spirit of free speech and democracy, the Americans under direction of Regan Banned this movie when it was released. It never went on general release in the USA. It got a very limited release in the UK We saw it at an independent cinema as the major chains banned it.
Salvador is a brilliant movie and so true and accurate that the warmongering Republicans were terrified of the truth coming out. That isn't very free or brave is it?

James Wood was Nominated for an Oscar (Best Actor)and should have won and Stone & Boyle best screenplay ,and it did get a US release.
Details here
Salvador (1986) - IMDb

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom