Sale of Goods - Advice required (cont. due to further development)

sy278

Established Member
Reaction score
i assume you aint got a piece of paper saying lifetime g'tee , if not then how are you going to prove it , BTW i have no idea what has been going on :)

Last edited:
i assume you aiont got a piece of paper saying lifetime g'tee , if not then how are you going to prove it , BTW i have no idea what has been going on :)

No thats the problem, if I had a piece of paper saying that then I would have a lifetime guarantee, but they verbally advised OH of this and the paperwork with the product says 1 yr.

If you are going to do something about it, I would do it quick.

Those concession stands have a habit of disappearing as quickly as they appeared.

Once all their £100 curling irons are gone, so are they... (and your lifetime warranty will be worthless, if you even got one...)

If you are going to do something about it, I would do it quick.

Those concession stands have a habit of disappearing as quickly as they appeared.

Once all their £100 curling irons are gone, so are they... (and your lifetime warranty will be worthless, if you even got one...)

I will, Im going back tonight and I have just found them at another local shopping centre too.

For the record the product is Herstyler

They do straightners and extensions and stuff too.

Out of interest have you or your mrs had a word with them?

Sometimes people can be alirght and if you say you bought the wrong item etc they can sort you out.

Long shot but my "fraud" suggestion was a no go :D

Or alternatively if it's unopened is there anything there your mrs fancies, maybe just exchange it for some other things that ain't cheaper online.

Out of interest have you or your mrs had a word with them?

Sometimes people can be alirght and if you say you bought the wrong item etc they can sort you out.

Long shot but my "fraud" suggestion was a no go :D

Or alternatively if it's unopened is there anything there your mrs fancies, maybe just exchange it for some other things that ain't cheaper online.

Not yet, I am going to have a word with them tonight.

Unfortuantley they only do a couple of products and the OH already has straightners and doesn't need extensions, lol

Will see how I get on but I think I can see me puttign in a call to Trading Standards if they give me any grief especially with this guarantee.

Not yet, I am going to have a word with them tonight.

Unfortuantley they only do a couple of products and the OH already has straightners and doesn't need extensions, lol

Will see how I get on but I think I can see me puttign in a call to Trading Standards if they give me any grief especially with this guarantee.

But you have no proof of the Lifetime guarantee it would be your partner's word against the stand owners unless you can obtain evidence of it in writing, £100 seem's a bit too steep for curling Iron's ( Maybe that's how the they cost so much as the stall holder is offering you this guarantee).

Saying that i forked out £135 for GHD's for her indoors and they only include 2 year Guarantee..... twice ( don't ask ) :eek:

But you have no proof of the Lifetime guarantee it would be your partner's word against the stand owners unless you can obtain evidence of it in writing, £100 seem's a bit too steep for curling Iron's ( Maybe that's how the they cost so much as the stall holder is offering you this guarantee).

Saying that i forked out £135 for GHD's for her indoors and they only include 2 year Guarantee..... twice ( don't ask ) :eek:

Yeah I know, but if I hover I may ctach them saying this tom someone else. Also apparently from some online research this is a popluar "tactic" of theirs.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en-GB&q=herstyler+lifetime+guarantee&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_en-GBGB334GB314&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:
I've tidied up the thread a bit for you :smashin:

Dave

Yeah I know, but if I hover I may ctach them saying this tom someone else. Also apparently from some online research this is a popluar "tactic" of theirs.

[GOOGLE]http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en-GB&q=herstyler+lifetime+guarantee&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_en-GBGB334GB314&ie=UTF-8[/GOOGLE]

Your missing the point verbal guarantee's are hard to prove , it need's to be written :smashin:

Quick update guys, Success. When I arrived I overheard them make the same comment on guarantee to someone else, so I stepped in.

Other customer walked away, I got money back. :thumbsup:

Quick update guys, Success. When I arrived I overheard them make the same comment on guarantee to someone else, so I stepped in.

Direct action, love it!! ;)

WHat did you say?

Well done on getting money back.

Let's hoew we don't see a thread saying "I bought curling irons from amazon but I seen them at boots for 15 quid" :rotfl:

I stepped up to them and said "sorry to interrupt, but can you explain why if they come with a lifetime warranty these ones here only have paperwork for 1 year?"

They replied " well it technically doesn't but we like to keep our customers happy so we will give you a replacement if they break, just simply bring it back."

ME: "Ok, so can I have that in writing? And also how can I contact you if the company leaves this kiosk?"

THEM: "Sorry I can't do that"

ME: "OK, well can I have my money back please?"

We then had a 'discussion' around this during which the other customer walked off, I threatened to make sure other customers were made aware of this also and they offered me a second set, or a set worth £200 for the same price.

I declined there offers and insisted on my money back.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom