Sairento VR - 5th July 2019

Ugh, once again, a useless port of a dual weapon FPS game that requires full loco movement that the PSVR simply can't handle. Developers confirm a Skyrim Style movement control with Move Controllers. If you guys enjoyed the painfulness of moving around in that game with Moves then you'll enjoy Sairento, I guess.

But to get the most out of the game, they recommend getting a 3D Rudder. No thanks from me, especially after @GlennTidbury posted experience with it. Sorry, I am in a negativity mood, right now, ignore me! I just hate seeing PCVR FPS games porting to PSVR and exciting some PSVR gamers (not you Jinster71, I know you just the messenger :) ) not realising how inferior the gameplay will be.

Have been playing this over the last couple of evenings. You need decent VR legs for it, especially if you are going to turn on flips during jumps. There's definitely a learning curve to the controls but the gameplay is addictive and the replayability looks to be good.

When you're reviewing games the worst thing is getting a game that you can't really play and sort of hate but everyone else seems to love (Sprint Vector was one).

Sairento was like that. The early impressions are dreadful. It throws you into a badly designed menu with super unresponsive controls and everything seemed awful.

The I played the first half of the game basically as an FPS. It was like a VR version of Shadow Warrior but with terrible short levels.

But then it clicked. It does take a while but eventually I was jumping around, slicing people up and generally feeling like a badass.

It kind of has that Superhot feel but with less hiding behind desks.

When you're reviewing games the worst thing is getting a game that you can't really play and sort of hate but everyone else seems to love (Sprint Vector was one).

Sairento was like that. The early impressions are dreadful. It throws you into a badly designed menu with super unresponsive controls and everything seemed awful.

The I played the first half of the game basically as an FPS. It was like a VR version of Shadow Warrior but with terrible short levels.

But then it clicked. It does take a while but eventually I was jumping around, slicing people up and generally feeling like a badass.

It kind of has that Superhot feel but with less hiding behind desks.

Yeah, first impressions weren't great, especially with regards to the motion sickness for me!

Once you get into it though, you start to see why people are raving about it.

Huh didn't realise there was a thread for this, here's what i posted in the General thread:

Sairento is a game that gets better as you get better at it. The control system is a bit clunky at first, but you'll soon be zipping about.

I have a few videos on my channel going over the controls, options and weapons in the game.
Ahh cool, watched some, you didnt seem to go over blocking?
I kinda thought the Glaive might be good for blocking, as it's quite large on-screen, but it's less shield-like than hoped.

Will try cranking up (running) movement speed, smooth turning, blinders off, and controller movement direction - might make it seem more FPS like.

Sairento is good. ... But when you embrace the over the top ninja control scheme, it becomes a lot of fun indeed.
I'm getting better but not up to the flipping stuff pc videos show.

Just need the level 200 for the plat now, so each night doing a bit of grind levels. Not sure the best way to level xp? i'm running story mission 10 on shinobi difficulty, despite the talky bit at the end, it seems faster than the random missions.

EDIT: DING! :smashin: and plat.

Digging thru my vids and found a level of Sairento. I was well over level 100 at this point, hence almost constant slo-mo :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom