Saints Rows 2 PS3 Or XBOX 360

Usama

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I want to buy Saints Rows 2 but dont know what to get it for.

What do you think?

Pc

I would but it's comming out later, November 7th for PC and October 17th for PS3 and XBOX 360.

So. Why does that matter? The pc will be the best version.

The console versions will probably be the same like they always are and it will come down to online play, what version friends are buying and preference of pad design.

Last edited:
So. Why does that matter? The pc will be the best version.

The console versions will probably be the same like they always are and it will come down to online play, what version friends are buying and preference of pad design.

Nearly all my friends have PS3's so will prob get it for PS3. But it was on XBOX first and online play might be better on 360.

360 version.

The ps3 version will no doubt be jaggy and have framerate issues.

I'd put my life on it that the 360 version is superior.

The watered down ps3 ports are stil going strong.

To be fair though the differences between two versions aren't as big as they used to be but there still are differences.

Until there is a more comfortable controller for the PS3 then any game that needs quite a few hours invested in it rather than being pickup, play, and drop is going to be a 360 purchase for me. Not flame bait, not a fanboy comment, just a fact for me... I find the PS3 controller uncomfortable.

With regard to online modes I also believe that the 360 will have the edge at this time.

The games should only be getting to minor differences these days (resolution (although a lot of people seem to prefer the lower resolution used on some PS3 games when upscaled), achievements/trophies) so it should be a matter of deciding if you have any criteria such as the above that would put one above the other.

For me the PS3 controller is fine and the XBOX 360. So the controller does not bother me.

The controller doesn't bother me either, surprisingly.

I'd go for the 360 version anyway because:

* Private voice chat is guaranteed (definitely not in the PS3 version, which kills it for me because I often chat to mates while playing games -- plus group chat is coming with the new NXE!)
* Custom soundtracks are guaranteed (may or may not be in the PS3 version and even if it is, there are some implementation issues)
* Achievements are guaranteed (games continue to be released on PS3 without any Trophy support)

I think it's fair to assume the versions will otherwise be identical (or possibly slightly better on 360), so it's these additional features that make the difference.

The game is majorly shoddy anyway.

If you've played GTA4, you'll be amazed at how poor SR2 is.

Hum... Might wait for the reviews now.

Last edited:
Hum... Might wait for the review now.

Its ok in its own right, just not a patch on gta 4.

It feels really lazy, handling of cars etc is terrible, graphics seem sloppy.

Its ok in its own right, just not a patch on gta 4.

It feels really lazy, handling of cars etc is terrible, graphics seem sloppy.

Is it better than the 1st Saints Rows?

Is it better than the 1st Saints Rows?

Haven't played SR1 in almost two years, but from what I remember of it I would say SR2 is worse.

Hmmm sounds interesting, Ive read people say its a saints rom 1.5 all the same get it for the 360!

Last edited:
I was thinking that this was going to be a really good game. :suicide:

I will just wait for the reviews, might not even get it now. So meny other good games are comming out in the next few months.

I seen some saints row 3 advertisement, but nah go for a xbox 360.

The game I really want is Crackdown 2. ;)

The game I really want is Crackdown 2. ;)

i dont think that will be happening for a while,as all their(Realtime Worlds) attention is on APB.
still, we can live in hope after that, they get on to doing it.

Saints Row 2 on the 360 is the version i'm going to get,more to do than GTA,and a bit more fun too.

i dont think that will be happening for a while,as all their(Realtime Worlds) attention is on APB.
still, we can live in hope after that, they get on to doing it.

I heard the same to. Shame as Crackdown has to be one of my all time fav 360 games.

Im just going to order it for PS3 it's only £15.97!!! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom