Saints Row Story's.Post yours here!

This is on my wanted list along with Test Drive and Dead Rising.

It's going to be a fun month for us 360 owners :thumbsup:

ds17 said:
Mr Quint im pretty sure that the train can be derailed at your discretion and is not a glitch :D

Didnt even consider it a glitch but just another stunning moment in the awsome demo that is Saints Row.

Thanks for the clip links, the frame rate seem %99 there. :clap:

Anyone have a link to instruct one on getting pass 'the wall'? :D I'm gonna have a good play on this tonight :) Haven't had a chance yet.

Kazman said:
Anyone have a link to instruct one on getting pass 'the wall'? :D I'm gonna have a good play on this tonight :) Haven't had a chance yet.

Think its gamespot that has the clips, cant get on gamespot's home page here at work due to the bloody firewall. :mad:

hottstuff said:
Yeah , drivers door diagonally against the wall , jump out and your on the other side.:confused:

I have done it a couple of times and found it to be pretty pointless to do.

You have to line up the drivers door quite near the demo barrier. Double tap Y and you kinda sprint out the drivers door and through the demo barrier.

Indeed, it is kinda pointless going through the barrier, after a couple of mins you get ejected back into the demo area. Plus apart from the AK 47, there isn't much else to do as it seems quite empty.

Geezer said:
I have done it a couple of times and found it to be pretty pointless to do.

The main point of getting out is to get the AK47. I've also ridden the train almost all the way around the city and only got knocked off when it re-entered the demo zone. It's an interesting ride, as it shows how early a build the demo is. The further away from the playable area you get, the less detailed the buildings are and eventually, there's no textures at all under the train. This should hopefully mean the final game is a big step up :thumbsup:

You can get quite a way from the playable area if you watch the AI cars - wherever they can go, you can.

You have to get the car about a doors length from the side of the barrier,just keep trying until you jump through.

Some links to great info:

http://developer.saintsrow.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2368 - Developer site forum.Full of wannabe homies but friendly enough.

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/index.php?fn=view_thread&t=719087 - GREAT info here.

Youtube is also good for saints row videos,currently youtube is down for maintenance but just type in saints row and sort by date added for latest,or rating/viewed for the demo instruction vids.

I have done everything there is to do in the demo now(that i am aware of anyway) so i am eagerly awaiting sept 1st ! :)

ds17 said:
Spikey i read somewhere that alot of stuff (i.e. passers-by, cars, textures and sounds) were removed to get the demo size down!

Possibly, i know that the enemy AI was dumbed down for the demo, to make it easier.

I really really do hope the demo's been dumbed down - that'd mean the full game will be miles better :D

WHERE WILL IT END?

Last night i was just messing around with the little things in the game, there is a burnt out car where you start the demo near the church.
Now after a few missions i had one of the Saints following me around and i got onto the roof of the burnt out car, he was stood at the front faceing me and i pushed the kick button, the bonet of the car slammed shut and he took a uturn and walked off calling me a Mother F<>k'R. :eek:

Nothing major but nice. :D

I must be missing something. I played the demo and didn't find the AI that great tbh. I was just running around beating people up and no one did a thing to stop me.

It is fun to play, but I didn't see too much that would set it apart from GTA if you ask me. I was rather disappointed with the lack of car damage when you crash into stuff.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the AI is actually brilliant in the final game. I hope this aint gonna turn out to be like Oblivions radiant AI stories... :suicide:

Saint Row is going to be one of them games like Fable where people are going to be split right down the middle & dont see the point, i know where i will be. :lesson: :smashin:

one thing i hope they change is how the game remembers whats happened!

i mean i wanted to cause a pile up of cars etc and blow em all up, i walked no more than say 2 metres from cars turned my back and theyre all gone :(
id love a game that remembers this sorta thing for a while, u know all the damage to the city etc for a viable amount of time, say 2 days for broken lights etc, few hours for piled up cars/dumped cars etc

Daddy k said:
one thing i hope they change is how the game remembers whats happened!

i mean i wanted to cause a pile up of cars etc and blow em all up, i walked no more than say 2 metres from cars turned my back and theyre all gone :(
id love a game that remembers this sorta thing for a while, u know all the damage to the city etc for a viable amount of time, say 2 days for broken lights etc, few hours for piled up cars/dumped cars etc

This is something I've wanted since the original GTA, but unfortunately I don't see it happening anytime soon. I'm sure the developers realise that people play these game because of the way you can just muck about (I love ramming cars to watch the ragdoll effects :D ) but not sure how much effort they'd put into something like objects 'hanging around'. After all, the game does need a story/missions/structure so that's where they'd concentrate their time. Saying that, I'd love to park a dozen cars end to end and start a chain of explosions :D

I haven't played the demo myself but I've heard someone comment on the poor frame rate. How have you lot that have played it found the frame rate?

Thanks
Greg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom