Saints Row Gametrailers Review.

grant666uk

Mmmmm looks well smart. (apart from the pop up/in) Online looks fun.

T800

Novice Member
The map looks annoying but otherwise I'm in.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Thanks slinkywonka, been waiting for a review of this game to help me decide if it's worth staying on my ever growing preorder list.

Off to read that now. [EDIT]Ah, or should I have said "view" :laugh:

MonkeyKnuckle

Novice Member
I found this review pretty stupid, they just spent the whole time comparing it to GTA. It sounded like they were reviewing GTA IV. Why can't they just review it like they do the other games?

Looking forward to the game though.

TankTopLover

MonkeyKnuckle86 said:
I found this review pretty stupid, they just spent the whole time comparing it to GTA. It sounded like they were reviewing GTA IV. Why can't they just review it like they do the other games?

Looking forward to the game though.
Expect every single review to be just the same.It is unfortunate,but inevitable.

TankTopLover

Tetlee said:
Thanks slinkywonka, been waiting for a review of this game to help me decide if it's worth staying on my ever growing preorder list.

Off to read that now. [EDIT]Ah, or should I have said "view" :laugh:
Your very welcome ;)

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
I've heard mixed reports but since this is the nearest thing to GTA we'll probably get for a whole year then I reckon it's a definate buy for me. I just hope they realese bike as DLC, although I cant really see it.

TheBiGW

My import copy turned up this morning. It's pretty good actually. I didn't really like GTA (not really a fan of rap music etc) but this one seems to do a lot right. Have played through some of the missions and I'm enjoying it so far. Being able to put your own music into the game has never been such a great feature imo.

The controls take some getting used to but once you do they make good sense.

SpikeyTheFatGit

Novice Member
You got a US/Jap 360 Billy, or is the game region free?

TankTopLover

SpikeyTheFatGit said:
You got a US/Jap 360 Billy, or is the game region free?
He must have a us console as the game is locked.Play magazine in usa just gave it a 9/10 and they are usually fussy so it looks good.

I hope gamespot do a highlights version of that marathon,i am not that into the game to spend 8 hours watching Greg play it ;)

SpikeyTheFatGit

Novice Member
Cheers Wonka...had a feeling it would be region locked.

TheBiGW

It's region free. I don't have a USA 360. Go ahead and import it - it's great.

I can see some of the side missions getting a bit boring - in order to progress the story mode you have to go off and do side missions and they are all basically the same but in different locations on the map. Guess time will tell if I get ****** off with it or not.

SpikeyTheFatGit

Novice Member
Bugger, if I'd known that I would've ordered it sooner. Ah well, I pre-ordered mine from GAME using a £5 voucher and the points on my card, so only paying £24 - just gotta wait until Friday now :)

TheBiGW

slinkywonka said:
Eh? I was told it was region locked!?? Oh well,not worth importing it now really anyway,its out in a few days.
Yeah I took a risk with it as I know a mate with a USA 360 who would have taken it off my hands if it didn't work. But you're right - no point importing it now as it's out on Friday here.

akane_1984

now that I know its region free I will get it , I will get DR from gameplay and this from play-asia. Q though I have parents in Canada til Monday so i could get them to bring it back yes??

stepp

Novice Member
good game...been playing ir for a few hours now. Graphics are bit jerky in places and the tearing is still there, which pisses me off.

If the framerate was better and the tearing was gone it would be an awesome game.

As it is id give it 7 / 10