Saints Row Demo Chat... (Demo now on Marketplace!)

I like this demo. I find the controls easier than GTA, although that may be the 360 controller! ;) I also like listening to NWA whilst doing drive by's!

MonkeyKnuckle86 said:
The Devs answer to downloadable content (taken from the Saints Row forum)

V-JH:Extra Single Player missions, more weapons, automobiles, etc?
Customization packs (clothing), weapons, maps, maybe vehicles. You should probably keep telling us what you'd like to see after you start playing.

Thought you might want to see this as well.

Devs answer to v-sync (again taken from forums)

V-Scourge: SR does not use v-sync, either in the demo or the full game. During development we analyzed the issue and concluded the potential framerate hit with v-sync was too severe for our particular title.

To explain the pros/cons a bit more... If v-sync is enabled, the framerate of any game is limited to certain values. It must be an integer that divides evenly into the output device's refresh rate.

In most cases, the TV/monitor in question is running at 60Hz. That means the game's framerate is limited to 60, 30, 20, 15, 12, 10 (and so on) frames-per-second.

So if the game would normally be running at 29 FPS, turning v-sync on would force it down to 20 FPS, almost a 30% hit. Likewise, if the game is running at 35 or 40 FPS (or anything below 60.0), it would be forced down to 30 FPS with v-sync enabled.

We felt this was too big of a price to pay for our particular game, and some screen shearing/tearing in rare situations was a worthwhile trade-off.

We have contacted a few players that have reported more common screen tearing than we observed in the demo, mainly to get more information about their hardware configuration. While it's most likely beyond the control of the game software, if we find any configuration changes that help, we'll certainly share the tips with everyone.

Regardless, any tearing should be improved across the board for everyone in the full game, due to the overall framerate optimizations that were made after the demo build.

:)

well why not do some more work and get the game running at a rock solid 60fps, then vsync can be run with no performance hit.

this is a next gen machine that should be able to do a rock solid 60fps with vsync.

30fps should be a thing of the pass, my old snes could do 30fps

Hmmm

Personally i think that this is a total 100% rip off of GTA - almost everything is the same - the way people move, the gang related stroyline etc etc...:nono:

Therefore i will be buying it!!!

:D

Although this game obviously takes a lot from GTA, it was actually in production way before San Andreas, so the gang type scenario wasnt copied directly.

so not as big a playing area has gta san andreas on a 6 year old console.

Vellocet said:
Just for info I found this which gives an idea of how big Saints Row city will be, its a poor quality pic, but the size of Just cause :eek:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/8/21321311044.gif&s=f10

I'm not too worried about the size of the map as long as the gameplay is there, which going by the demo it is, but what does that picture prove? Where has the info come from as it just looks like something someone has knocked up in 30seconds using paint

It proves the sizes of the landscape of those 3 games? I thought that one was obvious :hiya:

It was done by someone on a gaming forum, its not hard to do with the sq miles of landscape and a few calculations etc

The difference between San Andreas and Saints Row is nothing really, I was shocked by the size of Just Cause though, hope that turns out to be good.

Vellocet said:
It proves the sizes of the landscape of those 3 games? I thought that one was obvious :hiya:

It was done by someone on a gaming forum, its not hard to do with the sq miles of landscape and a few calculations etc

The difference between San Andreas and Saints Row is nothing really, I was shocked by the size of Just Cause though, hope that turns out to be good.

I understand what the picture was trying to show, I merely meant what does it prove as their is no info with it which states where they got their facts and figures from to compile the comparison. I could make a similar picture up now but with no official figures it would obviously be complete BS :smashin:

Youre right yeah, but fortunately were not trying to prove a serious crime case or anything, I merely posted it for a little info on size relations of the 3 games, it doesnt matter if you dont believe it its just there for a rough reference/bit of fun.

You can get the sq miles of games like these from reviews, official sites etc its not privvy information, not sure the Saints Row sq miles have been officially released so this is an estimate, but gives an idea all the same.

Well if the figures are correct for Just Cause that game is going to be massive!! Although i've not been overly impressed with the vids that have been released so far but I don't know how early the code was that they did those vids with. I think the basis of the game is very promising, and as for saints row the release can't come soon enough, be waiting ages for a decent title on the 360

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom