Sainsburys Energy closed, can I move?

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
They have passed me onto British Gas which is fair enough but I have one question.
I was on a price which is fixed until April 2020 but with being moved to British Gas (not at my request but no complaints) do I have to stay with them until April 2020?
Thanks in advance.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
They have passed me onto British Gas which is fair enough but I have one question.
I was on a price which is fixed until April 2020 but with being moved to British Gas (not at my request but no complaints) do I have to stay with them until April 2020?
Thanks in advance.
Wouldn't have thought you'd have to stay since this is a material change in your initial contract.

kez

Distinguished Member
What did BG say when you asked them?

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
I am sure that you can move without incurring penalties. I would not touch BG with the proverbial, horrendous customer service.

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
EBS looks good.
I have been caught out in the past with the so called cheap quotes only for the sneaky so and so's to try and up the price a few months down the line.
I am with Bristol at the moment and they tried to increase my direct debit by £12 a month yet I have always been in credit. When I phoned up to complain and ask them to put in writing how they arrived at the new figure, the rise was cancelled and their rep waffled some incomprehensible rubbish and I still await the figures. I suspect they were trying it on and wonder how many folk get caught out by this?
I will keep a note of EBS though when my contract is up for renewal.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Good news - there is a fourteen day cooling off period so I rang EBS and joined up.
They are dealing with British Gas (yay!) and their prices are good.
Plus they are well rated and a long term supporter of green energy.
About £2 billion spent on North Sea wind farms as Jamie told me (repeatedly and enthusiastically :rotfl:).

Toasty

Distinguished Member
Plus they are well rated and a long term supporter of green energy.
About £2 billion spent on North Sea wind farms as Jamie told me (repeatedly and enthusiastically :rotfl:).
Until they tell you your electric rates have to go up due to global Gas price rises :D

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom