Sagemcom 1704 & windstream

Discussion in 'General Tech & Gadget Forums' started by Emily Roach, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Emily Roach

Emily Roach
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have a sagemcom 1704 router with windstream. The computer says I have a connection however the ✔️ Light is flashing and there is no light on the @.
    I go into 192.168.254.254 to get all of windstreams stuff. Whenever I click internet connections, the page says "there is no PPP connection." How do I get the ppp connection?
    After this ? Is answered, on the top right corner of the windstream stuff at the 192.168.254.254 screen, the ✔️Signal is orange, Adsl down, down n/a, & up n/a. Please help me, windstream wouldn't help me or my husband when we called. Thank you.

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,518
    Windstream looks like a US ISP, is that correct?

From the description you've given it sounds like your computer is connected to the router OK (wi-fi is working etc.) but the router isn't connected to the internet. I'm not familiar with US ISP practices so I'm not sure if Windstream send you the router as part of your contract (as is common in the UK) but even if they didn't I'd expect them to help you set the correct settings to connect to their service.

Any address starting 192.168 is within your house, in this case it's the control panel of your router that you're accessing and it's probably telling you that it's not connected to the internet (a Point to Point Protocol connection).

With this sort of thing you're probably better off asking on a US forum as different countries have different standards and terminology.