Sagem vs Themescene

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Rossbikeking, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Rossbikeking

Rossbikeking
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it worth getting rid of the Sagem hd50 for a themescene rd50 seeing as i want to watch dvd's through the dvi with a denon 2910 with hdcp or am i better off sticking with the sagem.

Doe's anyone know of any problems big or small with the THEMESCENE i am aware of the region 1 problem and this does'nt bother me.

Also is the picture alot better with the RD50 ref rainbow/ghosting/colour smudging.

2. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Sagem50 has a much better picture than the sagem 45 but in my opinion the Optoma RD50 is better i have seen the Sagem 50 with DVD's through component in Comets & it was a very good picture but contrast is not as good as the optoma & whites tend to burn out.The hidef demos in Comets looked as good as the Optoma but i don't know if the hidef demos i downloaded have more compression or not.
    see http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1502012&postcount=59
    for a dealers opinion who has sold both models.
    Also heres a link to a thread i started that has lots of information on the RD50 warts & all.
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178593
    The optoma will give a better picture than the Sagem useing component & you will see a big jump in quality with the HDCP DVI

Is it worth it ? it depends on how much it is going to cost you remember you
    allready have a good DLP set apart from HDCP and there might be a fix for that in the pipeline.