SAGEM Twin Tuner 40 GB

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by clash33, Jul 10, 2005.

Tags:
  1. clash33

clash33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen this item at Argos. Is it any good? For the money it looks like the dogs bit's :)

2. 9761

Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi there,

I did consider this box but in the end I went for the pace twin.

Have a look at this table as it shows what other freeview PVR boxes. And what its like
    http://www.emsee.co.uk/pvr/

Regards

3. Sooty

Sooty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Sagem from Argos and have been using it for about Six weeks now, I think it is good value for money I have had no problems with it and I find it easier to use than a VCR

4. Juliesinar

Juliesinar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I’ve had mine for a few weeks now and it works fine. Be aware that even though it has 2 tuners you cannot record 2 programs at once, only watch one while recording another, with other twin tuner PVR’s you can record 2 different channels at the same time.

Also it does not have chase play, which means you cannot watch a program from the beginning while the same program is recording ahead. The program guide is annoying in that as you skip through channels the displayed program also skips channels so you cannot watch one channel while studying other channels in the guide. Hopefully at some point these issues could be resolved with a software update.

Otherwise it is a good unit, very reliable and totally silent in standby, which was a big deal for me as I use it in my bedroom.

5. clash33

clash33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a further question, How good are the Freeview decoders supplied built into TV's. I have read that a stand alone freeview box is superior to one that is bundled in with the TV. Is it OK to use an additional Freeview box (PVR in this case) when you have one in with the TV? :confused:

6. slowe

slowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just noticed the PVR6240T in the "News" section and had alook for prices on Kelkoo. Argos didn't come up, and neither did that model.

I did get a listing for a 6280T though, which has an 80gb hard drive and apparently the ability to rewind and watch a live program from the start while recording the end.

Hughes Direct - £155