1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem pvr's

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by steele, Sep 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. steele

steele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Can't believe that no one ever mentions the sagem pvr's. Had One for about 3 months and its a god send. Playbacks are as good as orginal live freeview, in area with good reception (solent). The epg is abit slow but still functional, god for the price of £130 from argos why look else where? Taken us ages to fill 40gb got weeks of programes and a couple of films on there. Just give it a try or send it back, it makes hardly any noise and thats during the hottest part of the year!!

Steele

2. MKPatrick

MKPatrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Compared to the Digifusions, the Thomson DHD4000, the Inverto and the Topfield the Sagems are pretty average. They cannot record two shows at once, they lack radio recording, they are pretty crashy and have a tendency to lock up from time to time.
    That said they offer basic PVR functionality for not much dosh - the fact you can get a Digifusion FVRT100 online for less than £130 kind of mitigates against Sagems offerings though.

3. BigFella

BigFella

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have to agree with the comments above. I have just ordered a Fusion 100 for £125 delivered after considering a Sagem. But the lack of two channel sametime recording and the slow EPG put me off.

But it is a very cheap and accessable route to PVR's and I imagine that Argos must be shifting them by the truckload, but I guess not to AV Forums users, but to those who buy from the high street on impluse.

All that said, I hope I ma now happy with my 100 when it arrives (This evening hopefully)

4. Sooty

Sooty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Say what you like about Sagems I have never had mine crash or lock up in the four or five months I have had it, its very very quiet you dont know its on I am 100% happy with mine.

5. russellelly

russellelly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I hope this isn't considered :spam: , but there's bug lists and a forum and more at www.sagempvrsupport.org.uk To put it one way, I wouldn't recomend it in its current state and Sagem's lack of communication is doing them no favours.

6. richwill

richwill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm afraid i have to agree. I have a 7280T which is decidedly average. I've had it stop recording in the middle of a timed recording which is totally unacceptable and the fact that on the box it says watch and record two programmes simultaneously is infact misleading (i've contacted trading standards about this and they agree). I'll be returning mine to Argos and am considering a Humax 9200T when they become available.