• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

sagem lcd 32 sound buzzing, can i get round this by..

garyvms

Standard Member
Hi,
I have a sagem Axium lcd tv, the problem is once on for a few hours its starts a buzzing noise from the speakers.I was wondering that i could get around this by attaching 5.1 surround sound system via my BT Vision Box and muting the TV speakers?? Any suggestions please

I was looking at the samsung HT-Z320 system

Many Thanks

Gary

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the forum :)

Does the buzzing disappear when you mute or turn the sound down on the TV? When you mute the TV, does a symbol or message appear (and stay) on screen? If it does, you will need to turn the volume down to zero. Yes, you could use a surround sound system to improve your audio. Do you already have a DVD or bluray player?

Make sure the amp or home cinema system you buy has compatible audio inputs for your equipment. I would imagine that BT Vision has analogue audio out (red/white RCA phono connections) so check that it does. The same goes for your TV and any other equipment you wish to connect. Unfortunately all-in-one home cinema systems lack inputs but the Samsung you have picked out has both a single analogue audio input and a single digital optical input, which would be handy for any other discrete 5.1 sources e.g. bluray player or games console with optical out. Therefore you could connect two sources to it, one using analogue for any non discrete sources and the digital input for any that are capable of DD5.1. The system should be able to mix/matrix any 2.0 stereo signal from the TV or BT Vision and give you a pseudo surround sound effect.

The all-in-ones forum is your best bet.

garyvms

Standard Member
Thanks for that, what i was going to do is:
connect the optical lead from the BT vision box to the Samsung DVD the scart from the BT vision to the tv? is that the best way?

davepuma

Distinguished Member
It would depend whether the SCART connection on the Samsung was both an input as well as an output. I would connect directly and leave it to handle audio.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom