1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem HDD56 settings?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by scookar, Aug 8, 2005.

1. scookar

scookar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all,

Just bought a Sagem HDD56 and a Samsung HD850. Intend to connect them up with a hi-def cable later this week but was hoping someone could suggest some good settings for the TV as a starter?

Thanks!

2. dunsters

dunsters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Unlike the HD-D50 which I thought was better on 'Cinema' setting (warmer picture and vibrant detail) I have set the 'user' settings as follows:
    Contrast 55
    Brightness 55
    Colour 55
    Sharpness -5
    Tint 50
    Colour Temp [warm]

Of course, the ambient light in my room etc will make my settings unique and I prefer strong vibrant colours to 'washed out' or 'cold' settings so these will not suit everybody.

I hope this help

Cheers

3. Riva

Riva
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick question- Are you both happy with your Sagem Hd-D56? I have one on order which should be here later this week and I cant wait!! Your coments are gratefully recieved.

Cheers

4. scookar

scookar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm very happy with mine so far. only had it since sunday though.

dvd player is currently hooked up using s-video connection and looks really good but waiting for a hdmi/dvi lead (to arrive any day now...) and hoping to see a big difference.

the only concern so far is the so-called "rainbow effect". i watched about 5 films on sunday and didn't notice it at all. however, yesterday i put in star wars ANH and AOTC and noticed it in several scenes. almost to the point that it started getting annoying. not sure why i noticed it yesterday and not sunday. possibly because i was a lot more tired last night. anyway, hoping that this isn't going to ruin my DLP experience.

5. dunsters

dunsters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Getting bedded in now but I am still having a few problems getting the Aerial feed to produce a good picture (frustrating after a near flawless experience on the HD-D50):( . Will report back and offer a few pictures I am sure, once this is sorted and I have tweaked it to the best settings.

Running Holiday stills pictures through and Digital camcorder was stunning (extremely good in fact) and all regaler DVD, Sky feeds etc are good and strong (just the Terrestial feed at the moment not 100%). The larger screen does show more flaws on a poor feed if you get very close up (like sitting next to the unit fiddling with wires and connections etc:rolleyes: ) but once sitting back all looks great :)

Cheers
    :thumbsup:

6. scookar

scookar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The remote control is a bit naff though. for £2000+, you'd expect something that looks more hi-tech and cutting edge rather than something that looks like a "one-4-all" remote.

7. dunsters

dunsters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Well, compared to the Optoma remote - which looks like a flat black brick with a few buttons stuck on, it seems ok to me;) . It must be a personal thing:rolleyes: . I know it is a little smaller than most and its plastic design is a little too, well 'plasticy' but is is well laid out and good choice of button location makes it quite functional:smashin: .

A personal opinion of course, and the old saying still holds:

'You can get an opinion from your next door neighbour on brain surgery, but would you let him operate?'

Cheers
    :hiya: