Sagem hdd45

P

Panic

Before my rant begins can anyone confirm if all Sagem axium tv have a standard 2year warrenty?

Right,lets begin....after 4 months of trouble free viewing on all sources I have noticed the picture starting to blur when panning quickly from left to right (more so on skin tones) but never when panning up to down. This has now began to become a pain as I always seem to to looking for it and it is often there. In fact when credits roll at the end of a prog from right to left you can't read them at all,again up/down no problems.
I have read that the 'rainbow' effect is part of life when owning a dlp tv but this is beyond a joke for the money spent (@ Comet).what do you peeps sugest I do next,contact Comet or go direct to Sagem for a satisfactory outcome?

P

Panic

After much time spent trawling the forums for info on my problems (fantastic wealth of info on here) I have decided to give Comet first shot at this (wise move? we shall see:confused: )
I have recorded a few progs onto hard drive to demonstrate problem to engineer when he calls but does anyone have any suggestions of any dvds to play to really stretch the Sagem and really show the rainbow effect at its best,or should that be worst?:smashin:

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Motion blurring is one thing which may or may not be a fault.
Rainbows on the other hand are a fundamental by product to how these TVs work and cannot be fixed. And, your engineer may well be whlly unable to see them as not everybody does. If you are one of the unlucky minority who are bothered by them, the only cure is a different technology - such as Sony's LCD RP TV range.

F

felixthecat99

if you find you do suffer from the rainbow effect are you likley to get a refund?

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
I would not have thought you have any legal right. As I say, it isn't a fault.

P

Panic

Noise reduction is off. I have taped the end credits from a program to highlight the problem. you just can't read them at all. going to watch the same credits on crt tv tonight to prove to myself the fault exists.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom