1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem HDD45 Question

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by skunk123punk, Aug 25, 2005.

1. skunk123punk

skunk123punk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have looked through a lot of posts on this forum but can’t seem to find an answer to the question I’m about to ask. I have just purchased the Sagem HDD45 DLP as a replacement for a 42” LG plasma. And although I’m am well impressed with the PQ from my Sky+, DVD, PC and PS2, I have quite a small living room so the main sofa is about 6ft directly in front of the screen and the image when watching for example (Sky News or channels with light backgrounds) is very bright, if I’m sat on the 2nd two seater which is about 10ft to away from the screen and slightly to the left the PQ, contrast levels and brightness are absolutely perfect, also perfect if I’m sat on the main sofa but sat on the far right. The problem I have is that because of the layout and size of my room, I cannot move either the DLP or my sofas. Has anyone any idea’s on settings for the Sagem that could overcome this problem. I have tried different brightness/contrast levels but while these help with the direct line of viewing, they make every other viewing angle very dark. Also the frosted effect of the screen is very noticeable from the problem (direct) viewing angle but totally unnoticeable when sat slightly left or right when viewing the screen

Hope this makes sense to you

TIA
    Skunk

2. Grobnic

Grobnic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've spent a lot of time playing with the settings on this model in Comet but have yet to take the plunge. Have you tried putting the bulb onto 'eco' setting, this results in a slightly less bright screen and has the added benefit of increasing the bulb life.

As for the frosted screen others have posted about this and some have returned sets because of it, I have tried but I can't see the effect at all.

Did you buy the Black or the silver version?
    Are you have any issues with rainbows?

3. skunk123punk

skunk123punk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Paul,

I have tried ECO mode but it then becomes to dark when sat on the 2nd sofa that is further away. As for the frosted effect it only really bothers me when there is a very bright background but this is probably because I'm looking for it. I have noticed rainbows quite a few times, this is when the room is dark and there have been old black and white images from the History Channle on screen. Can't say I notcied them when watching in the day.