Sagem HDD 45-F pc inputs where are they??????????

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by sandman666, Dec 19, 2006.

1. sandman666

sandman666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi....Just bought a sagem hdd 45-f tv,i was led to believe it had inputs for a pc,having looked at the back panel the vga connector is blanked off and no connection is posssible,does this mean no pc is connectable or can i use the DVD-i connector on the side where xbox 360`s can be connected and do i need a special lead....PLEASE HELP:lease:

2. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's not a DVD-i connector, it's a DVI connector and yes that's a PC video input

3. sandman666

sandman666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    :thumbsup: THANKS CHACHI...Sorry for such a simple and stupid question but i just wanted to be certain....PS:IS THERE ANY WAY TO TELL HOW LONG THE UNIT HAS BEEN USED FOR OR BASICLY IS IT NEW OR SECOND HAND,JUST BOUGHT IT AND IM NOT SURE AS IT HAS MARKS HERE AND THERE...THANKS.:smashin:

4. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AFAIK one cannot get into the service menus/etc and see that stuff without a hardware dongle bit that only the service techs have

5. Sicoe

Sicoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hi Sandman

first of all you have just bought an excellent set :thumbsup:

2nd if im correct the is a panel on the right of the set that has a vga connector, it clicks in and out

let me know how you get on :thumbsup:

6. nevtra

nevtra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own this set too and can confirm that it does not have a "normal" PC in. The old s model had a dvi and vga input but the F replaces it and loses these connections. The only way that i have been able to connect my laptop is via a dvi(on the pc) to hdmi cable.

This is definately correct, hope it helps

7. nevtra

nevtra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The set can be no older than eight months. I know this as i had the original model which was the 45S, it broke down and i had to wait for the new F model. It only became available anywhere in april 2006.

How much did you pay for your set???? and where did you get it?

8. KingD

KingD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    i gave up on PC input, i just couldnt get it to work, bought a new Geforce Card, DVI to HDMI cable and no go. Tried DVI-D to HDMI, made sure res was at 720p too , never got it sussed so good luck!