1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem HD56 Picture Quality

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Fusewire, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Fusewire

Fusewire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Hello everybody, been reading the forum for a bit now as I am after a new HDTV (Just registered today and this is my first post :smashin: ), I saw the Sagem HD56 in Comet (again) this week and I have decided that this is the one for me. However one thing worries me, the picture on the analogue input (BBC1) had quite a bit of blockyness to it, the assistant then put on the HD demo which was a lot better although nowhere near the picture quality that was on the HD45, is this because the set is not set up properly ? :lease:

Thanks in advance, also could anyone recommend a decent surround sound system for £200-£300 that would go with it.

2. n00b

n00b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    i've found the hd quality and the picture quality from sky to be exactly the same as the d45 :confused: however i sometimes notice the weird gladiator face type blur (its been discussed before on the tosh 46" set) on low quality channels - but this is rare.

3. Fusewire

Fusewire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Thanks nOOB :thumbsup: , I suspect that the one in comet has not been set up very well, why do they do this ?? Seems crazy to me - you would think that they would want the picture to look as good as possible to sell more of them (The plasmas were even worse BTW).

Anyway thanks for the reply :smashin: you have put my mind at rest that with a couple of hours of tinkering I will get an excellant picture out of it. :clap: