Sagem HD50GT4 Picture settings

higgsboyo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've had this TV for about 6 months now and its been fine.
I was just wondering though if anyone has messed around with the user settings on image to get a better picture. I have messed about with the settings but dont have the eye to do it justice. I just leave it on the cinema setting.

Ive got the user settings as follows:
Contrast 50
Brightness 48
Colour 50
Sharpness 6
Tint 50
Colour temp Warm

Is there anyone out there with a good eye that can give good advise?

Cheers all.

OK, so I've had a quick play and seem to have tuned bright picture blocking out by setting the following:

Contrast 50
Brightness 58
Colour 52
Sharpness 0
Tint 50
Colour Temp Warm

I'll keep playing to try to tune it better but if anyone has any settings of their own......

OK, so I've had a quick play and seem to have tuned bright picture blocking out by setting the following:

Contrast 50
Brightness 58
Colour 52
Sharpness 0
Tint 50
Colour Temp Warm

I'll keep playing to try to tune it better but if anyone has any settings of their own......

there's also a eco button on the remote which seems to alter the brightness somewhat.

is there anything you are particularly unhappy about in the picture?

there's also a eco button on the remote which seems to alter the brightness somewhat.

is there anything you are particularly unhappy about in the picture?

Not really. In general the picture quality is fantastic. Particularly HD channels. The picture is so good its like looking through a purely clean glass window rather than at a TV set!!
The only slightly thing that I dont like are bright whites. The picture can look a bit blocky. I have paused the picture to try to tune out the blockyness using the brightness and contrast but not completely happy yet.
What have you got yours set to??

Not really. In general the picture quality is fantastic. Particularly HD channels. The picture is so good its like looking through a purely clean glass window rather than at a TV set!!
The only slightly thing that I dont like are bright whites. The picture can look a bit blocky. I have paused the picture to try to tune out the blockyness using the brightness and contrast but not completely happy yet.
What have you got yours set to??

Ha, I'm like you regarding bright whites which is ironic because that is something the tv excels at (I hate the EA logo on their video games for this reason, it's absolutely blinding). I think I have probably unusual settings in that I prefer to smooth things over for SD material by using a sharpness setting of -10.

Oh and careful on comparing still images, you don't want to be pressing that button whilst there's a lot of motion in the scene.

Ha, I'm like you regarding bright whites which is ironic because that is something the tv excels at (I hate the EA logo on their video games for this reason, it's absolutely blinding). I think I have probably unusual settings in that I prefer to smooth things over for SD material by using a sharpness setting of -10.

Oh and careful on comparing still images, you don't want to be pressing that button whilst there's a lot of motion in the scene.

So what are your settings dlpfan?................... I'd try a sharpness of -10 but if I tried that now my missus would COMPLAIN..... Star Wars, all 6 episodes are on......

So what are your settings dlpfan?................... I'd try a sharpness of -10 but if I tried that now my missus would COMPLAIN..... Star Wars, all 6 episodes are on......

I have contrast 53, brightness 56, colour 60 and cold for the colour temperature. Preferably i'd change these for every show i was watching but that's not sensible is it.

Oh I should add that it would only be by coincidence if my settings worked for you; the room conditions, you, the bulb properties, etc, are variables that are not constant between us.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom