Sagem HD45H DBVT initializing..problem help

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by mxdshf, Mar 27, 2006.

1. mxdshf

mxdshf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I bought this DLP TV on friday. It worked perfect for few hours and started switching off/on and showing DVBT Initalizing, please wait.

Then after few seconds it switches off and then ON with then same message DVBT Initalising. It is driving me crazy.

Is there is any fix for this problem or the TV is faulty. There is also a humming sound comming from the subwoofer and behind the TV.

I have been offered for a replacement, is it worth replacing with another Sagem or should I get a full refund.

max

2. nevtra

nevtra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What a nightmare, i'm expecting mine in a few days and hope i don't have the same problem, hopefully its a one off as i dont recall this being reported on here before. Good luck anyway

3. sprattgraham

sprattgraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I would give a Sagem another try you want find anything with the same picture quality at that size or Price.

The Humming noise can be reduced with an extra foot being attached to the base to have this done you need to contact Sagem. The problem does not affect every one it depends of what the TV is sitting on

The Noise is being produced by a piece of hardware that produces the picture.

4. arfster

arfster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    The DVBT initialisation thing seems to be caused by dodgy aerial wiring - try bypassing your existing line as far as possible with a fresh wire, and see if it doesn't happen anymore.

5. dduck

dduck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've have the same problem and am still waiting Sagem to contact me to help resolve the issue. I have found it happens most when moving up and down channels, if you arrive at a empty channel (cbeebies after 7pm) it freezes and then reboots. I've replaced the aerial with a better one but no still the same. I have a external sony freeview box which works flawlessly using the same aerial feed.

6. sprattgraham

sprattgraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Sagem have simlar problems with there freeview box where there is an empty channel the box restarts.

Try Emailing [email protected] he is the Technical Support Manager if you don't get any help from the help line

7. mxdshf

mxdshf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Solution:

After changing the network activities to NO, there is no sign of the DVBT Initalising problem in the past 24 hours. I am still testing and will let you know if this solves the problem.

This is done through DTV Menu under INSTALLATION…USER SETTINGS

It is not a premanent solution but I think it the solves the problem.

Hope this helps.

8. sraper

sraper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +275
    I am having similar problems. In addition I am having problems with freeview subtitles which makes them almost impossible to read! They often have a halo/outline effect usually in a v. disgusting colour!

An engineer (from Staffords, not Sagem) came round over 3 weeks and promised a replacement set! But no news so far.

My signal strength is ok about 70% I think but the signal quality is v. good ~95%. I have a brand new aerial, cables, etc and everything works fine in another room using an external Sony freeview decoder.

9. sprattgraham

sprattgraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Sagem Contract there work out to Staffords.

Might be a good idea to give them a call the remind them