1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem HD45 (SKy TV artifacts, smearing)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by khanman, Feb 16, 2005.

1. khanman

khanman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all...

Does anybody else with this TV suffer with artifacts and a smearing effect on programmes such as Eastenders, Coronation St, Holby City. I don't know the reason why but when watching these 3 programmes through SKY, whenever the camera pans across a face or the person moves horizontally across the screen their faces temporarily distort then return to normal.

Has anybody else experienced these problems as they are very noticable on this TV.

I have a Toshiba 56PWDB8 (56" wide screen rear projection tv) that is now around 6 years old but because of change of house is now sitting proudly in my parents front room and this doesn't suffer with any of these artifacts. The screen has now dimmed slightly but it cannot be beaten when watching sport. How come old technology such as this type of rear projection does not suffer with smearing and distortion?

2. n00b

n00b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    i believe this is down to the fact that they are broadcast at a lower quality. do you get this blur on any other programs? and do you experience any green tint? (nothing to do with the inital post but for my benefit ;) )

3. dalespitfire

dalespitfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I think you'll find this is a DLP thing.....

Try a search for "blurring" or "blur" or "oil painting", then be prepared to spend a day trawling through the replies!

I'm afraid that this would appear to be related to poor sky bitrate feeds on various programs/channels (not necessarily specific to programs or channels - for example to my eyes itv2 seems better than itv1 when showing the same progs?!). If that is the case then it is something we'll all have to live with until SKY HD starts broadcasting....but just think when it does!

I have never, repeat NEVER seen this artefact/blur/oil painting/grain (etc, etc) on a DVD via HDMI or component (and that includes Gladiator 3:16), or a Hi Def PC feed or a Hi Def XBOX game.

4. khanman

khanman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't experienced any of these problems on DVD either. I am running my Denon 2910 to my Sagem HD45 via (Monster) component leads. I did initially have problems with the picture appearing too green but when I changed the output on the DVD from progressive to interlace the picture is now perfect.
    Will the Sagem accept a HMDI - DVI cable for watching DVD's or does it have to be DVI-DVI? Also is there a vast improvement in the picture quality?
    Thanks

5. dalespitfire

dalespitfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I can't comment on the Sagem as I have the Tosh, but would see know reason why it couldn't do HDMI - DVI.

Try a search in the Sagem threads or post in there specifically, someone will help.