Sagem HD-D50 wont power up, says its o/heating?

RussboyG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Bought my Sagem HD-D50HG4-T/2 a few years back after a recommendation from here, & up till today ive had fantastic service out of it.

Recently when I power it on there was a red light at start up, I "presumed" (= idiot) it was the light to say the bulb was one the way out.

However, today I try to power it up and I have the top and bottom red lights on.

Looking in the manual it says its to do with the internal temp.

It tells you to switch it off & let it cool down, however its doing it from start up.

Took the back off and had a good nose inside and the heat sink I presume sitting over the processor was 100% full of dust. so have cleaned all of that up, put it all back together & ............... the same.

When I try to power it up I can see that the fan over the processor isnt turning (maybe its burnt out as its had to work so hard). Now is this broken or is it maybe because the processor has fried, or something else and the system is just saying dont bother to fire up, im knackered!!

Anyone with any experience etc on these? any help would be muc appreciated as currently I have no telly, AGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Have changed the fuse above the bulb and its working again now.

Although according to posts on here its not supposed toas that is supposed to be blown to do with the bulb life, random, but working

Most likely you've hit the 8000hrs timer, hence the reason why it wouldn't power on. By changing the fuse, your TV now thinks it has a new bulb, so it has reset the counter. I would strongly urge you to replace the bulb *now* as continuing with a bulb that has passed it's allotted time is likely to result in it exploding and showering glass all over the inside of your nice TV....

Hellraiser.............>

Well, bulb finally blew last night, but no explosion etc, just went normally as bulbs do.

Just need to find a replacement now that won't cost me £100!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom