1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem HD-D4545 - DVI restrictions

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Grobnic, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Grobnic

Grobnic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm considering purchasing the Sagem 45" model but having read up on the options I have a question about the DVI input. I understand that it is vision only but I've seen that it's also HD only and produces 'noise' when a normal TV signal is put through it.
    Does this mean that once SKY begin HD broadcasting next year I will either have to keep changing connection depending whether it's HD or not, or will I have watch poor quality TV through the DVI input just to get the HD?
    Should I wait until a set comes out with a DVI socket that take normal TV as well or an HDMI input?

Lastly the other think I'm wondering is how long before we see sets without the risk of the rainbow effect? I can't see it on the display model in Currys but I would hate to pay out the money, get it home and find myself at the end of the rainbow (so to speak)

I'm mainly a SKY viewer

All advise welcomed :thumbsup:

2. sprattgraham

sprattgraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    As far as I am aware DVI is Video Only.
    The DVI input takes HD 720P as well as 1080i which it then down scaled to 720.

Current DVD players that have DVI work with the HD-D45 with no picture problems

Sky’s STB will output all channel over the digital output even if its standard definition, if they don’t they are being silly.