1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem HD D45

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ihaventaclue, Feb 22, 2005.

1. ihaventaclue

ihaventaclue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my mate has just bought the 50" sagem dlp, and i am very impressed with picture quality.
    would i be right to assume picture quality will be the same on 45" version?
    is avwow the cheapest place to buy @ £1875?
    and will JL pricematch?
    many thanks
    al

2. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    I can't see why the PQ on the 45 would any different than the 50 in fact it may even be better. The only way you could tell is to see both next to each other and, this the important part, have been setup identically, ie contrast, colour temp etc.

JL will only pricematch against stores with a high street presence not internet/mail order only companies. If AV Wow have an actual shop and the prices are ticketed then JL should match this price.

3. Dazzlercee

Dazzlercee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The picture quality on the HD45 is slightly better than the HD50. It uses the HD2+ chip for better contrast range and has the same number of pixels (1280x720) projected onto a smaller screen, giving a more refined image, i.e pixels aren't as big as 50" model. Not a lot in it though.

4. J Hutch

J Hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I brought my TV from AV WOW! on Thursday 5.15pm and got it Friday @ 11am. The TV is fantasic, the 45" PQ is deffinately better than the 50" in my personal opinion.

5. Cobraman

Cobraman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The main differences between the 50" and the HD-D45 I've noticed are :-

Contrast - The Blacks on the 50" sometimes had a blue tint, the D45 they are black
    Viewing angle is much better on the D45, see my room layout, if you sat on the end of the sofa on the left the picture quality was rubbish
    Viewing Height is lower, which for my stand means the centre of the screen is now at or just below eye level
    Brightness - The D45 is much better on bright days, I don't have to close the curtains to watch TV!

Hope this helps

Attached Files:

6. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,698
    What stand is that exactly? and how high is the top of the screen from the floor?

Cheers
    Andy

7. RoyT

RoyT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    How do these measure up to a CRT and Plasma/LCD?

Do you have to buy cards to make these work or are they ready out of the box..

I just bought a 36ZP48 but my next purchase in two to three years may be one of these :D

8. Burnard

Burnard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like an Alphason stand to me,could be wrong though.

9. Cobraman

Cobraman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry about the delay in replying

The stand is an Optimum AV300, but with custom spacing of 170mm and 200mm so the total stand height is about 450mm.

This put the top of the TV at about 1250mm, you can see how much lower this is that the 50", by the speaker shelf now being way to high, I've now moved the shelf down by 225mm!