1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem HD-D45

Discussion in 'TVs' started by irishboy, Feb 10, 2005.

1. irishboy

irishboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all...

my first post to the forum, and a few questions to you all...

have seen the HD demo on the 50" Sagem Axium in comet yest and was blown away.... have seen a fairly good deal on the 45" Sagem (www.acwow.com) and given your reports am leaning towards this TV. :) might order one today !! :)

is there a difference in sky and sky+ and the signal (I see that some of you mention sky+ and just wondered if there was a difference in quality... :blush:

Are there other things I should be considering buying? Are good scart leads worth their money ? any recommended brands/makes ? what sort of money should I be prepared to pay?? :lease: what are optical leads ? Are better leads suited for different things ? e.g. RGB scart for sky, S Leads for DVD ?

obviously... concerned whether the sagem is compatible with HD TV and other HD Dvds etc which are due out in the near future.... (appreciate your not mind readers but am getting confused with the HDCP/DVI stuff etc.. I understand from the brochure that the TV has HDCP control... does this mean its ok with Sky HDTV etc ??

sorry if some of the questions appear silly... but alot of this is all new to me... appreciate your time and patience... :thumbsup:

thanks !!!!!!

2. n00b

n00b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    yes it should be fine with skyhd since it supports hdcp over its dvi connection. i too am interested in which leads to buy (ie make) and where to buy from.

3. irishboy

irishboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has no one got any info on cables, setup etc ??

ideally - which cables are best value for money ??

what sort do I need for sky, dvd, xbox ???

have read threads about xbox cables from japan - anyone have a site where I can order them? how much??

thanks !!! :)

4. Dazzlercee

Dazzlercee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. irishboy

irishboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. J Hutch

J Hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI Irishboy,

I think you mean that you have sewn a Sagem 45 @ www.avwow.com , did you order one how was the service.

7. Cobraman

Cobraman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I order a HD-D45 from avwow, very good service, ordered Friday PM and agreed delivery for Tueday. Courior turned up with the set on Tueday morning, giving me the whole day to play!

8. justinway

justinway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also ordered my HD-45 from www.avwow.com, very helpful on the phone.
    Ordered the set at 3:30pm on the Thursday and delivered 10:30am on the Friday via business post. Excellent service, and excellent TV!

9. drumm23

drumm23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    didn't want to start a new thread for a small query> just wondering if there's any possibility at all of hanging this Sagem from a wall or not? Guessing not ;)
    oh and are you in Ireland Irishboy?

10. PsychicLemur

PsychicLemur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Not unless you construct yourself a pretty heavy-duty shelf - and it would need to be 43cm deep by the time you've got cables attached...

11. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    As Psychic says, the connections on the back are all mounted on the back of the chassis, similar to a standard TV. Hence not suited to wall hanging, even though it is not very heavy.