1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sagem HD/D45

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by frostbite, Feb 4, 2005.

1. frostbite

frostbite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all!!
    Planning to order Sagem HD/D45 and wanted to be sure anybody can tell me that they have one and can give little feedback pls.
    Many thanks in advance..

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Try the many threads in the DLP RPTV forum for more info on this set.

Steve

3. Stephen Neal

Stephen Neal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +681
    I read some references to the Sagem not being happy with both 50 and 60Hz inputs via either its component or DVI inputs. (Can't remember if it liked one flavour via one input and one via another, or just couldn't cope with one flavour via a specific input)

If you are buying for a specific application - such as Sky HD future transmissions - make absolutely sure that you get a cast-iron guarantee (I'd want it in writing!) that the display will be compatible.

For Sky HD it needs to support 1080/50i and 720/50p with HDCP via a DVI connector or an HDMI connector.

Beware - some displays are compatible with some resolutions only via certain inputs - for instance I believe some are 50Hz compatible via their analogue component inputs, but only cope with 60Hz inputs via DVI. (This would mean they are incompatible with Sky HD)

I believe searching for Euro1080 and SAGEM may bring some joy - as the Euro 1080 (1080/50i - but not limited to DVI+HDCP/HDMI connections) enthusiasts have been using the Sagem set for display - and I read reports that only one of two input types worked at 50Hz - but not sure if this was at 720 or 1080 line output from the set top box (most offer a choice of 720p or 1080i output AIUI)?