sagem hd-d45 with ntl digital tv

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by av addict, Jun 10, 2005.

1. av addict

av addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    hi anyone use ntl digital with the sagem hd-d45-whats it like?
    thanks

2. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    I saw this set on demo yesterday in Norwich Currys (yes really!) It was running from a computer via a dvi cable. Overall effect was really stunning although the picture was a bit 'stuttery'. Perhaps someone will be able to tell me if this was a 50/60Hz conflict problem. Not sure of the price, but I think they are around the £2k mark. No opportunity to hear the sound.

3. andy aceter

andy aceter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello sparkytoon,i am at present using ntl digital with my sagem and am finding there to be a mixed quality of picture ,sky movies has the best quality but the others are pretty ordinary i am however going over to sky+and hope to have better results, according to others on the forums the picture will not be so compressed ,anyhow ntls digi-box has caused problems having to re-boot etc, am not impressed!!

4. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I think it's OK. I have ntl: digital and the HD-D45 and while some channels have lower quality the majority are fine. I think any TV of this size is going to highlight the high compression of ntl: so I doubt U could improve it much with any other similar one.

5. Chumpy

Chumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess it will depend what STB you have as well - if you have the old grey Pace style boxes then I always thought pic quality was very poor in general - have heard better reports about the new Samsung Silver STB but not seen them myself - I got sick of my STB crapping out and swapped to Sky+ instead.