Sagem HD-D45 quickie

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by simonskii, Mar 9, 2005.

1. simonskii

simonskii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Hello, sorry to start a new thread on this, but I just have a quick question about this set.

I saw it for the first time last night in JLs on Oxford Street, and yes it really is a beauty. It was showing the same HD demo that the 50 inch Sagem used to show, and interestingly seemed to display a judder (previously I'd put this down to the older model's lack of full NTSC support).

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just the source material and not the set?

Thanks.

ps. lovely looking telly.

2. hifiboom

hifiboom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jep, I did see the same juddering on HD45 when I demoed the display at local dealer.

but here are some owners in this forum which are saying it plays flawless and smooth.

I don`t know if it is the problem, but why should they demo a display with a HDTV-PC which is too slowly?

there is also a french review, that criticized the juddering on this display,
    I also think the display does not give you the best picture quality.

hope that helps

3. ReviewMonkey

ReviewMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there

I have downloaded the high definition windows media files from the Microsoft website which are used for the demonstration on the HD45, but have not noticed any juddering at all on my HD45, in fact they display outstanding quality. I am merely using a standard pc with Radeon 9500 pro. Not sure what would be causing the juddering on the JL demo - perhaps the JL demo is using WMV files outputting at 1080 rather than the native 720p, therefore meaning the HD45 would have to downscale?

Anyone else with this set noticed any juddering? I have noticed it on a US copy of Shrek 2, but only very briefly.