Sagem HD-D45 Please help.

mxdshf

Established Member
Reaction score
When I switch On the power from Left power button the middle lamp indicator lights ON and steady RED no flashing

When I press the Power ON from the remote, I hear a click from the TV and the the following sequence happens:

1. The steady lamp indicator Red Light changes to Amber and started flashing
2. At the same time a RED light appeared on Top of it and started flashing
3. Both the RED (top) and AMBER (bottom) flashed for 10 secs
4. Top RED (temperarture indicator) stopped flashing first
5. Then the Amber continued flashing for 5 more secs and stopped
6. Both now changed to RED and steady

When I press the POWER on remote again the same sequence 1...6 above occurs.

I am not sure what is happening to this set. It is now over two years and out of warranty and the TV is heavly used almost every day.

Can someone please help. Do I need to change the lamp or does it need something else.

If it is lamp could you please provide the link where to buy and how to replace it.

Thanx

I have the HD d50 G4 , I am not 100% but I believe that there are 3 led lights on the front (on the 50 there is) . the top one is a temperture one, the middle one is light replacement one, and the bottom one is the on / off light. If it is the top light which is coming on then it would appear that you have a heating issue , if it is the 2nd one down then it would point to the lamp. Its in the manual .... sometime it is hard to see the 3 , so u have to look really hard between the grill.

Note sure as what happened but here is what I did to resolve the problem:

1. Removed the dust from the Lamp enlosure with a hair dryer
2. Changed the lamp fuse located above the barcode with a 20mm QB 315ma @£1.49 from Maplin.co.uk
3. Switched ON the TV mains power and from Left switch heard click sound and only one RED indicator
4. Switched ON from Remote, the TV is now ON no indicators.
5. Reset the TV to factory defaults
:cool:and hey TV is born again.

Thanks for those who replied.

If ur bulb was on its way out and you replace the fuse the warning lights will go away but the bulb dying or exploading could still be a problem, normally you'll get around 8'000hrs from a bulb, so work it out from there,
how long you had the tv, was the bulb ever changed, add up how many hrs you watch it aday and add that total to how long you have had the tv and you'll get a rough estimate of how many hrs ur tv has done, if close to 7/8'000 you'll know what to do.......
:thumbsup:

The bulb gave me over 7500-8000hrs over 760 days of usage.

I did change the fuse only that my little 2 years old baby won't get bored.

I really do not want to push the bulb as I heard it will damage the glass or colour wheel...

I ordered the following:

TV model = SAGEM AXIUM HD-D45H G4T
Lamp ordered: TOP OSRAM P-VIP100-120 /1.3 E23h
Price : £100.00
From: http://www.soundandvisionav.co.uk/p...AR-PROJECTION-TV-RL1280A-Osram-BULB-E23h.html in Manchester on the phone and they said it will be delivered next day.

Can you please let me know if I ordered the correct lamp for my TV?

Thanks

Last edited:
Couldn't get the link to work, but the description of the model number you posted sounds about right. Don't forget to get yourself a 20mm 0.31a fuse before you do the replacement.. i'm hoping to do mine this weekend :)

Yep that bulb will work,
also once you recieve it, check the box if there isnt any gloves with it make sure to wear some and try not to touch the front of the bulb........

nearly forgot one more thing as you take out the bulb holder from the side there might be some dust inside,
so give it a little clean make sure you DONT blow the dust as you wont want it to get onto the colour wheel,
i normaly just use a little wipe to do that.....
Goodluck

nearly forgot one more thing as you take out the bulb holder from the side there might be some dust inside,
so give it a little clean make sure you DONT blow the dust as you wont want it to get onto the colour wheel,
i normaly just use a little wipe to do that.....
Goodluck

DJACID

Are there any instructions on this site or somewhere else on how to change the lamp. Preferably with pictures.

Can someone please please post the link for the insturctions.

Thanks Mate!

that link has all the info needed,
once you get it and still need more help let me know i have a spare holder so can take pics to show you.....

The lamp arrived next day as promised.

Installed the lamp today. I have broken the top arm off, but it can easily be bonded back to the main unit using glue or tape. The TV is now working OK.

I kept the old lamp as it was still working when I changed the fuse. I will keep it in case of emergency.

Thanks to all those who gave me the advise and instructions on how to install the the lamp..

Lamp counter started... today.

The lamp arrived next day as promised.

Installed the lamp today. I have broken the top arm off, but it can easily be bonded back to the main unit using glue or tape. The TV is now working OK.

I kept the old lamp as it was still working when I changed the fuse. I will keep it in case of emergency.

Thanks to all those who gave me the advise and instructions on how to install the the lamp..

Lamp counter started... today.

Nice going.:smashin:

Got my fuse today so will be doing this tomorrow. Did you have to cut any of the wires to get the bulb out of the cage or was it just a case of moving parts out of the way?

No you dont need to cut anything you just take the bulb with the cable out and stick the new bulb into the holder,
some find it easier leaving the old cable in and just removing the bulb,
but its not that hard,
best advice will be have a nice empty table sit down and take ur time doing it.....
:smashin:

Replaced mine yesterday. Good as new :smashin:

Its amazing the difference in brightness, I guess as its a gradual thing you simply don't notice as time passes but its like night and day :eek:

As DJAcid said, no need to cut anything but I would recommend you getting some "surgical" gloves from somewhere like Superdrugs.. means you can handle the bulb with more confidence and reduce the risk of touching it accidentally

Feeling quite happy now.. £100, 10 minutes work and I have a new TV again :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom