1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem HD D45. Mickey Mouse speakers or what?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by jonathan, Feb 16, 2005.

1. jonathan

jonathan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Received my Axium today, and set about attaching the speakers (for everyday kids use). Now is it me or are they a pain to attach? A third hand would have been nice. Trying to squeeze the speaker toward the set to locate the holes while balancing the screw on the end of the driver, and preventing the whole set slipping off the a/v stand was not a great start. Also whilst one side is nicely flush with the top corner of the set, the other sits a bit proud (high - only a mill or two) and looks cheap & shoddy. Does anyone else have the same problem? I would try swapping them around but seeing as they should be identical I don't know if it's worth the agg.
    Overall am happy with the set.

2. khanman

khanman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The speakers are a nightmare and don't align correctly with the screw holes. I eventually got them on but couldn't tighten the screws properly and the masking on the speakers kept folding outwards as I was trying to fit them. I have a small gap between the TV and the speakers but I will live with that as I dare not remove them and try and fit again.

I think Sagem should look at the problem with the speakers and address asap.

3. Chorlton Dragon

Chorlton Dragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, they are a total pain to fit. A second pair of hands really helps. I guess this is why Sagem supply two pairs of cotton gloves in the box :)