Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sagem HD-D45 MAJOR PROBLEMS !!!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by ashleyhyatt@mac, Feb 11, 2005.

1. ashleyhyatt@mac

ashleyhyatt@mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

John Lewis delivered my HD-D45 this morning and took away my 50" Axium.

I've now set up everything... The DVD has a heavy green tint so does the xbox. DVD is running through Component & Xbox is running through scart.

Also, the whole image on the screen is distorted with a curve running down the screen.

I have spoken to Sagem on their support lines and they said a few other people have found a similar problem and they have no explanation for it or any way to fix it yet.

Has anyone else had any of these problems ???

I am so fustrated, I took a day off work to receive the TV and now it doesn't work :( :lease:

2. JohnWin

JohnWin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi - This sort of thing is SO annoying.

Why have you swapped your 50 for a 45 (I'm thinking of doing the same as my 50 is faulty!)

This green tint has been mentioned on other threads on this forum - I'm not sure that anyone has answered it other than another TV. Not all 45's have the problem tho'.

I think I would just reject it and request a replacement - I've spent hours trying to solve problems on my 50 and now my second set is just the same. You may be luckier with your number 2? 3?

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

3. ashleyhyatt@mac

ashleyhyatt@mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, my 50" was perfect, but I thoughtit was the safest option to switch to the 45" due to the HDCP issue. I still dont regret switching it as I do like the 45" model, I just wish if you paid £2000 for a tv it would work !!! Its not much to ask for !!!

If anyone has any further comments regarding this id like to hear from you.

4. JohnWin

JohnWin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  5. Mose

Mose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    SAGEM offered me the D45 set in exchange for my D50set, but I declined the offer. I had the "green" thing going on for a while and eventually ruled out the 3910, 935, Xbox, PS2, but the software upgrade fixed it.

The offer of a straight exchange for a D45 was very tempting, but the missus would have killed me if I had denied her those critical 5 inches!:laugh: