1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem HD-D45 In-store Price Reduction

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by J80FAB, Jun 21, 2005.

1. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Just out of interest I would like to report that Comet has reduced its in-store price for the Sagem HD-D45 (surround sound version). The price has dropped by £200 from £1999 to £1799. Though do they charge for delivery aswell ?

I know it's sad but I went in two Comet stores in the area one of which was advertising what seems to be a package deal where you get the Sagem stand for half-price if purchased along with a couple of other things which are also reduced. Their 5 year extended warranty costs £269.99.

2. mishmash

mishmash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I bought my Sagem D45 from Comet earlier this month with the 5 year guarantee. After a bit of haggling they threw in a rather nice glass stand for £99 a saving of £200. The stand was not the one that they display with the Sagem as I needed something a little larger to get my gear on it, I thought the Sagem stand was too small.

3. cervaro

cervaro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spoke with a salesman in Comet last week, and he offered me the Kenmark branded stand for £100 too, which is apparently a standard offer when buying a large TV (according to him). Look very similar to the Alphason branded stands selling for over £300! Will probably take them up on the 5-year warranty too as I was offered 12 months 0% finance if I wanted it.

4. YorkieAnd

YorkieAnd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was it 0% for the warranty only or the whole TV package cervaro.

5. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Was this before the £200 reduction ? If it was then make sure they honour their deal if you plan to make the purchase. Then again they probably will in order to make the sale :thumbsup:

Index catalogue used to sell a fair bit of Kenmark branded home entertainment units but they don't anymore :rotfl: There is a Kenmark TV stand (metal tubes & tempered glass) in their current & last catalogue for £99.99 - it was probably sold for 1/2 price in the end !!!. I wonder if this is the one you have been offered or perhaps a diffrent model ?

The Sagem stand looks the part but is a bit pricey if you can't buy it for less.

Attached Files:

6. cervaro

cervaro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That was for the whole package, and the price reduction was already in force last Friday when I was in the store.

7. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    That TV looks like a large microwave. UGLY is an understatement..... :eek: :eek:

8. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    What do you mean Razor ??? That tv looks simply marvellous :laugh:

The best looking tv that I've ever had was a Finlux bought in 1991. Wasn't 100% reliable but certainly looked the part finished in black with detachable speakers & its nicam stereo performed well. I remember it costing £850 (think it was reduced from £950). That was a lot to pay for a tv set then & I was against buying it because of this.

It broke down again in 2001 & stood out in the hallway for about 18 months as nobody was interested in having it repaired :rolleyes: So we've been stuck with a 21" £150 job since then.

I'll try & post a picture of the Finlux :D

9. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +383
    Price drop sounds promising, just needs a dvd recorder offer now!.

10. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I think that was on offer at one of the Comet stores together with half-price stand & something else reduced if bought as a package.

Pop into your local store & make some enquiries if you are interested.

11. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

J80FAB :hiya:

LOL.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: If Yorkie made TV's it would look like that. :D

I would love to see you Finlux, post away mate :smashin:

I am sorry to hear your stuck with a 21' set, time for a change I see :rolleyes: . You can get a RD65 for £4,000-00. :devil:

12. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Oh no, now that is too much to pay for a tv :nono: And much too big :laugh:

Had a butchers for some Finlux pics but no luck. Thought I had some photos where the whole tv could be seen complete but I haven't ! A quick search on the web hasn't been successful either :(

Though I have to say the styling of their current tv sets seems to have gone downhill since 1991 !!!

Just remembered I've still got the remote control..... bloody thing's nearly 26 cm long ! Shame it doesn't vibrate !!! :p :laugh: :rotfl: :eek:

Attached Files:

13. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

LOL..... @ vibrating remote. :oops:

£4,000-00 for a 65' screen is cheap in my books. :rolleyes: honestly its not that big either. It has wheels on the bottom so you could call it a portable. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I had a search on the finlux site, to be honest I have never heard of them untill you mentioned it in your post. :confused:

You could always use the remote as Kosh. It reminds me of the B&O remote which is metal and about the same size, now that is one solid remote. :D

14. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Razor :hiya:

Depends what you want really. Not interested in an extremely big screen home cinema set-up, just a nice & decent tv set (with enough inputs !!!) & nice sound :cool:

And what is 'Kosh' pray tell ??? Finlux used to be, but am not sure if they still are, a part of the Nokia group.

The Finlux tv was bought at a store which also used to sell B&O equipment. It seems that there was a tendancy for some Finlux tv sets (particularly the one we had) to have B&O styling though they costs a lot less !

Yes, the remote control is also a bit B&O-esque, though the B&O remote is much heavier so that you can use it to attack any prospective thief wanting run off with your tv set :laugh: :laugh:

The tv was actually 'Made in Finland ' :cool: but their VCRs were made in Japan by Hitachi but had a diffrent exterior look & were branded as Finlux.

Anyway, enough of of this chatter :offtopic:

15. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

A kosh is a metal rod used for bashing people with :D

B&O stuff looks nice but thats where it ends. I think they are over priced an not great performers. Averge Joe with cash gear.

Everyone says that they will be satisfied with a 46 or 50' screen, give it a few months and you will want a bigger set :devil:

16. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    :nono: I don't think so :nono:

:lesson: Should have made a better attempt to fix the Finlux :lesson: Though no idea how long it would have trundled on for after the repair :rolleyes:

It's 2 years this month when it was taken to the tip & disposed of :(

Pity as it was a nice set and 'slimline' too, a bit like the B&O MX-range and myself :laugh:

17. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

Thats thats what they all say before they buy one. Trust me you will. ;)

Some pikies have probably had your old Finlux away and are trying to sell it wrapped in clingfilm from the back of a van :D