1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem HD-D45 HDMI Problem..HELP!!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Apollo11, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Apollo11

Apollo11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    My sagem arrived today and I tried to connect it to my Pioneer DV868AVi via HDMI, unfortunately I can't get the dvd player to 'see' the tv (won't let me enable HDMI) Has anyone else had a similar problem as I am hving to run component which is dissapointing to say the least. I am wondering if it's a problem with the cable but am using a fairly decent one. I guess it may be that Sagem dlp tvs aren't compatible with HDMI, which pretty much renders them useless in my opinion.

Any advice Appreciated.

2. dazjmarshall

dazjmarshall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi AV,

On the 2910, if you select the 'format' key on the remote, you need to select HDMI with 720P output and it works fine.

I just bought my 2910 today and feeding a digital signal into the Sagem is just fantastic :smashin:

Cheers,
    Daz

3. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So guys how do you rate the sagem vs teh 50" smmay??? i am explori9ng DLP as well as plasma now for best pq and future proodness...

cheers!

Dil

4. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Havent seen either of the 50" Sammy's in action
    but the Sagem 45 in my opinion has a worse picture than the older Sagem 50 with the HD2 mirror array. If you watch the hidef demo's in Comets it has a problem with rendering realistic skin tones in faces the Formula one demo is a good example of this
    rest of the picture is good probably very good by Plasma standards but the quality of the faces is very poor.
    Best DLP set i've seen is my OptomaRD50 it can only display :r1: DVD's with a PC
    see http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1543720&postcount=17 for some pictures i took.
    The Sammy 50L7 maybe better than mine? havent seen it in action yet
    The Toshiba sets seem to have a problem with faces as well

5. mrmoo

mrmoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
  6. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think that face is not very good looks like the contrast is way to high & the picture is way to light .There is a lack of detail & to my eyes problems with skin tones as well.

I have taken my picture & i will be posting it soon i am just waiting for the battery in my camera to charge up so i can transfer the pictures over to my PC
    While i'm waiting i'm going to start a new thread to show what the RD50 can do with its own TV tuner fed with an arial on the roof.

Here's the link to my photo's
    Gladiator Pictures

7. Apollo11

Apollo11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Daz, does you Denon allow you to enable HDMI settings without being attached to the screen? (I think my dvd player me be the problem as cannot get it to talk to the Sagem at all).

Also, my Sagem is making a high pitched noise (I think it's from the power supply as varies when you select eco mode).

Looks like I will have to call out the engineers already, Joy!!

Perhaps I should have stuck with my 36" crt set, life was so much simpler!!

Richard.

8. dazjmarshall

dazjmarshall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Av,

When I initially connected the DVD player, I had a 'No Signal' message like you mention. I also have the Denon 2805 Amp which was outputting the sound just fine.

All I did was to go into the 'Setup' menu of the DVD (looking only at the DVD player screen - not the TV) and just selected the HDMI setting for picture only with progressive output set to 720P.

On the TV, select the Sources menu option and configure PC2 and hey preston, the picture appeared just fine.

What lead are you using? I am using HDMI lead with a DVI connector at the TV end.

Hope you get going - although the noise you mention isn't something I get though !

Cheers,
    Daz

9. Apollo11

Apollo11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57

Daz, many thanks for the reply, Im going to call Sagem today and see what they say, the set is going to have to be looked at anyway as the noise from the psu is getting louder, I guess the French are about as good at building electronics as they are at making cars. I am using a 'Supra' HDMI to DVI lead which Im told should work fine.

Regards

Ricahrd (AVnut70)