Sagem HD-D45 has landed!!

Bruce1310

Standard Member
Reaction score
My Sagem HD-D45 has been delivered...just got it up on my stand. Looks a million dollars :thumbsup:

I will post some pics and first impressions later, as now all I want to do is go and play!!

Bruce

Wahey.......nothing like playing with ya new toys mate! Be sure to post some pics!

I thought you were down for Weds delivery..... I hope I haven't missed mine :confused:

wow great :thumbsup: can't wait for the review of this!

:thumbsup: Have you wet its head yet Bruce?? :thumbsup:

Hi all.

Still playing with settings at the moment. Did a quick run through with DVE and my first impressions of SKY + through RGB scart are good. Not had time to try various connections for DVD yet...other half is home and wants to watch sky so my playing has to stop for a while.

I have it set up without the speakers and it looks fab!! Will try get some pictures up tonight...if not first thing in the morning.

Dazzlercee, my dilivery was due for tomorrow but for some reason they turned up today...not complaining though!!

Some quick pics. Sorry about the quality...will put some better efforts on tomorrow.

bruce

Attachments

• tv1.jpg
    tv1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,321
  • tv2.jpg
    tv2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,026
How much does this Display cost and who is selling it as a quick search didn't really throw up much on this model.
Is it able to show a picture via DVi from a suitable DVD player or is it like the 50" which is only works with a pc(I think.)
I'm getting fed up trying to find a display that is high def ready that doesn't cost the price of a Pioneer, which I've seen well set up at the Edinburgh Av show and most looked grainy to me including Star wars via HDMI.

Simpsons and a new toy. Boy are you having a good night.........enjoy

Looks really nice, glad for you mate. Can you do me a favour and post some dimensions?

Ideal would be the height and width of the screen (including frame) and the height and width of the sub. Not too bothered about the depth, would like to cut a shape out of a big cardboard box side to see if it will fit in the gap where we have our TV.

Cheers,

Glen

Hi Bruce

How would you compare the quality of the SKY PQ to that you have seen on other sets, in particular any plasma screens you have seen?

Hi jackuzi

I have put some dimentions on a diagram. See thumnail below.

I hope this helps.

Bruce

Attachments

• HD45.JPG
    HD45.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 789
Hi Warp

I have a long way to go before I get the set properly configured picture wise.

At the moment the Sky PQ is good...not quite as good as my Sony CRT, but that was expected.

In comparison to other DLP's I've seen on display in various shops it is better (to be fair I should qualify that statement by saying I have a good Sky + feed going in through a good scart and have fiddled a little with the picture setting....many of the screens I saw on disply clearly did not have these and weren't shown off at their best)

As is always the case it also varies depending on the channel..ie the Simpsons on Sky One was fantastic but Holby City on BBC1 was only acceptable.

As far as a comparrison with Plasma goes....I couldn't give you an objective answer as I focussed most of my research on DLP (cost was an issue that put plasma out the question).

Bruce

Hi pwood

You can find the HD-D45 here and here .

I believe that if you go into Comet, they will order you one. I may be wrong but I have also heard talk that John Lewis may be going to stock them?

The price is around the £1999 mark at the moment.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,
Congrats on being one of the first! :clap:
I really fancy one of these HD-D45s but I only have cable (analogue) & freeview. Do you reckon the images would be good enough (or I'll be in the doo-doos with the missus). Also, can't afford cinema system yet so I'll have to use the tv sound system; is that any good (reads well)? :thumbsup:
Happy Playing
Andy

Hi Andy

Thanks for kind words :)

Unfortunately I can't give you an objective answer as I don't have an analogue arial feed at all, just the Sky Box. I guess it is going to depend on the quality of the feed (have heard that some cable PQ is not of the best.)

I know that there are a number on the forum who have bought the set and hopefully some will have either the cable or freeview and be able to give you a better answer.

Concerning sound...I have a dedicated amp setup so have not tried that out yet. Tomorrow I may put the speakers on out of curiosity and have a listen.

sorry not to be more help...but there should be loads more talk in the next few days.

Bruce

Bruce,

Many thanks for the dimensions diagram, that is absolutely what I needed.

Going to get the craft knife out tomorrow and hack out a HD-D45 shape using the box our new range cooker was just delivered in :D

You never know, maybe I could put that up for a while and then swap it for the real thing, I might just get away with it with Mrs Jackuzi :laugh:

Thanks again :smashin: ,

Jackuzi

Bruce,

The set looks great, I hope you have many hours of fun and pleasure with it. Be sure to let us all know how you are getting on with it

Bruce,

Congratulations on your new toy, and really, the dimensions you posted are helpful. Anyway, did you not buy the optional stand? Do you know if the stand is the same one as the 50"? What is he height?

How is the vertical viewing angle? (am not concerned about horizontal). And did you notice any fan noise?

Regards.

Thanks Mose,

Will post better pics later and keep you up to date as I get to grips with the set.

Sure looks good though!! :D

Hi Bruce,

Congratulations too on your new DLP! I hope it has the stunning pictures you are searching for. Your photo's are good enough to indicate a great PQ when fed with a good signal.

I am myself on the search for a new TV. At the moment I have a small (20" or so) Loewe TV (which has a nice picture and very beautiful colors), but want to go big- and widescreen. And finally want a DVD-player too. What a quest I have gotten myself into... After lots of viewing I decided hat LCD (PQ is not the best, no deep blacks, pricy) and Plasma (screen-burn in issue, PQ deterioates) are not for me, and got interested in DLP RPTV's. Especially the absence of screen burn-in appeals to me, because I don't want to buy a widescreen TV to look at distorted 4:3 pictures, so I want 'harmless' black borders in that case. The Sagem RD45 - though not available in my country yet - got me very interested specwise, so its is with great interest, and appreciation, that I read your experiences.

I would like to ask one specific question. A feature of this Sagem is the new 'native' picture format. I don't know what it is, but what I am hoping for is that it shows a picture in its native resolution, without upscaling (which causes a worse PQ I feel). So a standard PAL feed should then be represented in its native resolution with black borders on all four sides. At least, that is what I am searching for, I only want full screen when the feed warrants it. Do you know if the Sagem has this optional format feature?
OK, second question, sorry: picture detail is nice to have but not that important to me, but I do like rich, deeply saturated colors. Does the Sagem deliver on this?

Thank you very much for your help, and in any case good luck and happy viewing with your new DLP! :)

greetings,
Ton

Just a quick one... where did you get your stand ???

I have seen that Costco are selling a glass stand almost exactly like that one !

Hello Bruce

I have just ordered my Sagem HD-D45 from www.plasma.television.co.uk. Spoke to a guy called Jason who seemed very helpful. They are expecting another batch of 20 tv's in today and I am hoping to take delivery tomorrow. I can't wait. Are you happy so far with the performance of the Sagem. It certainly looks fabulous.
I was one of the unfortunate people who bought a Tiny 42" plasma screen just before Xmas and the Sagem will be replacing this screen. As a warning to anyone considering buying a Tiny Plasma, stay well clear!! although when images are static the picture is quite good it suffers from a terrible horizontal shearing effect on fast moving scenes or when the camera pans vertically on the screen.
I managed to coax the missus into allowing me to purchase the Sagem so I hope to God it is a vast improvement on the Tiny Plasma otherwise I will be looking at a getting a P45 from her.

I thought that the Tiny Plasmas were made by Optima. I think I have read that somewhere.

Hi Ton, Khanman

I have been impressed with the colours so far but am still head deep into Digital Video Essentials trying to get the blacks right. My first impressions are that the set looks great with a good feed but shows up a bad one....also that it's essential to calibrate it properly using a set up disk like DVE, etc as the difference I have already achieved over the picture straight out the box is huge.

I intend to do a detailed write up when i've had a few days to evaluate all the set has to offer. At the moment I am awaiting a set of component cables so I can do a comparison of that v DVI.

Ton as far as the 'native' picture setting is concerned I'll have a play and report back to you.

Bruce

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom