Sagem HD-D45 has arrived!!! WOOHOO!

I also have the flickering / shimmering problem. Not too sure how to describe it.

It, like the other problems is intermittent and bloody annoying.

I don't use ECO mode anymore as it is far worse on that setting. I would like to use ECO mode to prolong the life of the bulb, as is the intention of this setting.

dog-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog-man
Today, 3 times, Whilst flicking through terresrtial channels, whilst the channel actually changed and you could visible see the correct channels, the sound stayed as ITV. The sound also sounded like someone was continually rustling a paper bag. The only way out was to power down and back on again.

I don't know how that is possible it can only tune to one Freq at a time.
>>>>>>>>>>>>

I can assure you it happened three times today.

I was flicking through the terrestrial channels and the sound stayed from ITV, but the picture displayed was of the channel selected, ie: BBC1, BBC2 etc.
The sound was muffled and it was as if someone was rustling a paper bag very loudly.

It did not matter if I selected channels by number or by up and down.

Only way out was to power down and then back on.

dog-man

No issues on my side yet either :)

Just glorious pictures!! :D

dog-man, I think you have been unlucky in gettng a dud, hope Sagem and the retailer sort it soon for you mate.

To be fair to the retailer (AVWOW). they have agreed that I am entitled to a refund or replacement, I have no problems with them, but I stupidly agreed to a repair after talking to Andrew Gorman. I have waited a long time for this repair and there is no indication of when it will happen, so I am not very happy with Sagem's service department.

If there is nothing definite this week, then it goes back for a refund. There is no way I am going to risk a replacement after what I have been through.

dog-man

Yup, AVWow were great, good communication and service.

It was due to Sagems processing time that the TV got to me on Friday rather than earlier in the week.

The pictures are so solid on this TV, fantastic! Loving every minute of it :)

I joined the Ranks of BIG TV's Kaz and it's all your fault ^^
Got my SP46L6HX yesterday and I was worried maybe Comet didnt send out stands with the TV and you know what happened..........
they sent me the TV with the standard samsung stand and
http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/467_881579.html
and they didnt bill me for it... I couldnt believe it.

However there is a downside to this story, when my wife got home her face went as pale as a scotsmans legs now to be honest the TV looked so much smaller in the shop than it did at home and she was kind of mortified at first hehehe. Once she had time to reflect and watch eastenders and the biggest loser UK off SKY+ she calmed down a little.

Whereabouts are your Jamesy?

I remember you saying you are quite close to me?

Wouldn't mind having a gander at a fully configured Sammy in a home environment.

If you want, I can bring my AVIA disc too to do the video calibration?

I live in outside Hitchin on the stevenage side, just work in Luton ;/

Could pop over on the Sat morning while the wife is at work, you should see the picture after it is AVIA'fied :)

It certainly made my eyes pop out :)

might haveta be saturday after gotta go into work sat morning cause they decided to have an open day and need laptops, vid cams etc from the storeroom the gits... ruin my weekend.

Kazman said:
Could pop over on the Sat morning while the wife is at work, you should see the picture after it is AVIA'fied :)

It certainly made my eyes pop out :)

Apart from usual Contrast, Brightness, Colour and Sharpness what other Settings does AVIA helps you to tune ? Any internal settings from "special menu"? By the way where did you get your AVIA?

tiburs said:
Apart from usual Contrast, Brightness, Colour and Sharpness what other Settings does AVIA helps you to tune ? Any internal settings from "special menu"? By the way where did you get your AVIA?

There are more advanced settings, and the filters that come with AVIA are superb and really help with setting colour and tint levels.

Never needed to delve into the advanced settings as the basic setup usually does the trick for me :).

Hardest things to get spot on are black level (brightness), contrast and colour saturation.

as for where I bought AVIA, erm, I can't remember :confused: was a store reccomended on this forum though, so may be worth doing a search for it, or google it. Could have sworn there was a power buy on this forum too a while back.

They came with the AVIA disc, wouldn't know where one would get them from otherwise, and I'm fairly certain the colour shade used in those filters is specific to AVIA, so may not be worthwhile using any other type of colour filter.

AVIA and DVE rock!! :D

dog-man said:
Has anyone experienced the muffled sound / vibration problem?
Or is it just my set?

dog-man

Hi,
I received my HD-45 yesterday from AVWOW and it has the sound problems.Ive just spent an hour trying every conceivable combination of connections but i cant get rid of it.I dont want to send this telly back at all because apart from the sound its an excellant set.
Have you sent yours back dog man or are you still waiting for the repair???
Did u contact AVwow about the problem or did u contact Segam direct??
Does anyone have the number to contact sagem direct??
Cheerz Phunt

I contacted Sagem direct, although I did also contact Avwow to let them know.

I have now been waiting over a month for a repair and still no idea when that may happen.

I shall be contacting the repairer (It's not Sagem) on Monday morning and if they have no definite date in the very near future for repair, then it goes back for a refund.

I like the TV very much, but there is no way I would ever buy Sagem again because of their very poor customer service.

dog-man

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom