Sagem HD-D45 has arrived!!! WOOHOO!

Kazman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
And what a picture!!!!

Looks fantastic. Word of warning though, the DVI-D interface and the HDMI out of the Pioneer DV668 aren't compatible, so anyone with a Pioneer DV668 should stay away from this particular Sagem model, the new ones that have just been released with HDMI inputs should be fine though.

The colour depth is superb!! Blacks spot on, I still need to run AVIA through it though, will do that tomorrow after I pick up the Marantz DV7600.

There is the frosty screen, but to be honest, it isn't really that bad, certainly not enough to detract from the amazing picture quality!!

Great TV, absolutely stunning!!!

Good for you!

I had my Hd45 and set it up on September 1'st.
After 3 days I noticed problems with it. IE: sudden darkening as if someone was fiddling with the contrast. It's worse in eco mode and affects coax and scart inputs.

Also a new fault with the sound being intermittently muffled and vibrating.

I am still waiting for Sagem or whoever their repairers are to come out and fix it.

I intend giving it until the end of next week and if there is no definate appointment, then it goes back for a refund.

I have come close to demanding a refund several times, I think I have been more than patient, but enough is enough.

The picture is excellent (Excluding faults) but I paid a lot of money for this, so I expect it to be in good working order.

I am disgusted at Sagem's slowness to effect a repair.
I certainly cannot say that I could reccomend any of Sagem's products to others because of this delay in repairing my HD45.

Not very happy at all! :thumbsdow

dog-man

Same PROBLEMS here!

The contrast issue is REALLY bad and I notice it right on the 56!

Looks like I will be returning the set as it is an inherent fault!

I spoke to Andrew Gorman about it and he admitted that they did not know what was causing the problem, but they had a few ideas to try.
He also admitted that there were others with the same fault.

I spoke to the service department on Monday and they said they had been instructed to replace everything that could be replaced.

I am not 100% sure, but I believe that Sagem have passed my repair job over to another company.

dog-man

Could possibly be a bad batch? When did you guys both get yours?

Touch wood, mine has been faultless so far :D Guess we'll find out in three days if I suffer the same.

I had the same problem with my HD-D45 with it getting darker then brighter.

Andrew Gorman came out and replaced the part that control's the lamp and its fine now, Think it’s called the ballast the part he replaced and now it’s working the TV is perfect.

Sagem use a third party company to do repairs for then and they are useless they never call you back and you just have to keep reminding them.

How come Andrew personally came out to you then?

dog-man

Has anyone experienced the muffled sound / vibration problem?
Or is it just my set?

dog-man

TV pic is here, not a very good pic though, it's from my camera phone which isn't too hot in low light.

When I get my new digi cam in the next few weeks I'll take some better pics.

I need to sort out the wires behind the stand next, probably do that on Sunday.

Picture is absolutely superb on this set, blows my old Toshie rear pro out of the water and into orbit!

Attachments

• tv_small.jpg
    tv_small.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 415
dog-man said:
How come Andrew personally came out to you then?

dog-man

I use to have the HD-D50 and Andrew came out to have a look at two of the three replacements I had direct from Sagem.

I was having lots of problems that I one way or another was present on all of them and we couldn’t see to fix it. Andrew came around 3:00PM and left around 10:00PM He is very devoted and try’s to fix as many problems he can but he can’t be every where the reason the jobs are contracted out to TSG.

Comet then replaced it for the HD-D45 I had one of them for a week and it packed in Comet then just swapped it for another HD-D45 this one had the old software version on it so it had problems with the component and also the problem with the brightness.

He came out and updated the software and he was going to replace the part that controlled the lamp but we decided we would see if the software update had fixed it.

It didn’t fix the problem with the brightness so he came and replaced the part two weeks later which did.

I brought the HD-D50 in December 2004 think Comet replaced it with the HD-D45 in June

I got second set and it has the problem with brightness.
And what's worse is that the occasional flickering of the screen is now clearly seen even on RF with dark scenes (before only on PC screen) :(

I'm crossing my fingers very tightly hoping I do not suffer the same issues.

2nd day in and none of these issues can be found.

Picking up the DV7600 later today :D can't wait :D

I said to hell with priorities and ordered a Samsung SP46L6HX yesterday and booked a monday affanoon delivery..... Damn you Kaz your enthusiasm permeated the screen and made me loose my head ^^ Will keep my Sony Progressive Scan DVD player, cost me a bomb 1.5 years ago and see about whacking my PC upto it cause i got a 720p copy of matrix sitting on my HD.

must be your close proximity to me in Luton infecting me cause im gonna be square eyed every night now;)

Jamesy_UK said:
I said to hell with priorities and ordered a Samsung SP46L6HX yesterday and booked a monday affanoon delivery..... Damn you Kaz your enthusiasm permeated the screen and made me loose my head ^^ Will keep my Sony Progressive Scan DVD player, cost me a bomb 1.5 years ago and see about whacking my PC upto it cause i got a 720p copy of matrix sitting on my HD.

must be your close proximity to me in Luton infecting me cause im gonna be square eyed every night now;)

Go for it :smashin:

Tell you what though matey, was playing Tekken 5 last night, and the picture was jaw dropping!!!! It totally destroys the picture I could achieve on my old Toshie 42WH36P, soooo amazing, this TV is amazing!!!

Got the DV7600 hooked up to it also, HDMI outputting 720p, looks superbly stunning!!!! Amazing!!! Looks even better now that I've run the Avia basic setup too.

Fingers crossed that I do not get any issues with the set :)

Jamesy_UK said:

Monday afternoon delivery! Cool... Still waiting for mine..2 weeks!
Anyway, great to hear how good it is Kazman. Let's see if the Samsung SP46 I'm getting (someday) will have the same effect on me when I try Tekken 5!

It's this link
Tastefully designed for both beginning and advanced home-theater enthusiasts, the AVIA Guide to Home Theater is a terrific gateway to system set-up and integration--perfect for either planning or upgrading your home-entertainment system. AVIA, which was written by David Ranada of Stereo Review's Sound & Vision, takes full advantage of the nonlinear DVD-Video format. It lays out simply and clearly the basics of home theater: source components, video setup, and audio setup. Its seven chapters range in topics from home-theater components to viewing environments to system tools, and the disc features a host of professional-quality test signals for complete system calibration. Handy "hot buttons" give more depth on a range of subjects for those who want it. The disc gives insufficient weight to the importance of audio cable (and it recommends optical digital connections over the better-sounding coaxial type), but by and large AVIA is a trustworthy and extremely informative presentation.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
As well as the darkening problem, and intermittent muffled / vibtating sound problem, it has developed yet another fault.

Today, 3 times, Whilst flicking through terresrtial channels, whilst the channel actually changed and you could visible see the correct channels, the sound stayed as ITV. The sound also sounded like someone was continually rustling a paper bag. The only way out was to power down and back on again.

Anyone experienced this?

As time goes on, I am thinking more and more like this television is crap!

dog-man

no such problems on two sets during a month, dog-man.

I still didn't get any responce about flickering issue.
Does anybody have screen flickering for a few seconds couple of times per day?
As soon as i switch from ECO mode to normal it's gone. but it can go away by itself.

?
to prolongate the bulb life. i think that is the only reason for this setting. and better black lever, but only slightly.

Snap said:
no such problems on two sets during a month, dog-man.

I still didn't get any responce about flickering issue.
Does anybody have screen flickering for a few seconds couple of times per day?
As soon as i switch from ECO mode to normal it's gone. but it can go away by itself.
I think 3 or 4 people have talked about the screen flickering problem in other Threads.

Like i've said in all of them there is a Fix.

dog-man said:
Today, 3 times, Whilst flicking through terresrtial channels, whilst the channel actually changed and you could visible see the correct channels, the sound stayed as ITV. The sound also sounded like someone was continually rustling a paper bag. The only way out was to power down and back on again.
I don't know how that is possible it can only tune to one Freq at a time.

dog-man said:
As time goes on, I am thinking more and more like this television is crap!
Every manufacture makes a TV that has a fault or in your case faults.

sprattgraham said:
I think 3 or 4 people have talked about the screen flickering problem in other Threads.

Like i've said in all of them there is a Fix.

I found only Ruby's horisontal flickering problem and he solved it by moving cables avay from AC cords. another one is Axium 50 and the guy returned the set.
What i have is not dependant on any source. even the white info bar is flickering while changing channels. and then it's gone after 5-15 seconds.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom