Sagem HD-D45 and DVD Players

Dan-uk

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've got my Sagem and was temporarily playing dvds through portable sony dvd player using composite and analogue connectors into scart .... so more or less the worst combination. Still a decent picture

Finally got a dogs danglies Belden 1694a Component cable and hooked it up to my slightly older Sony DVP-7000 reference player (not prorgressive scan as far as I know) and now seem to have horizonal blur on dvds although the picture is Fantastic. Do I take it that I need a new dvd player and if so what about the Pioneer DV-585A-K, which I assume supercedes the 575 ? Will progressive scan dvd players / newer players be better suited

Regards

Dan.

Are you inputing comp-i?

Hi Dan-uk

Unfortunately can't offer any insight as to your horizontal blur problem but for what it's worth I recent purchased a Toshiba SD-240E DVD player (with prog scan) for a little over £20 and the picture quality through the component outs is better than the DVI output from my Samsung HD-745 which was £100 more expensive.

Sid

blackwavesid said:
Hi Dan-uk

Unfortunately can't offer any insight as to your horizontal blur problem but for what it's worth I recent purchased a Toshiba SD-240E DVD player (with prog scan) for a little over £20 and the picture quality through the component outs is better than the DVI output from my Samsung HD-745 which was £100 more expensive.

Sid

:hiya:
Dan doesnt need a progressive player as long as he inputs comp-i the Sagem display will do the scalling and produce a progessive picture. It will do this job far better than most dvd players apart form the very best which would cost around the £1000 mark. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom