Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sagem HD-D45 and DVD Players

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Dan-uk, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Dan-uk

Dan-uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've got my Sagem and was temporarily playing dvds through portable sony dvd player using composite and analogue connectors into scart .... so more or less the worst combination. Still a decent picture

Finally got a dogs danglies Belden 1694a Component cable and hooked it up to my slightly older Sony DVP-7000 reference player (not prorgressive scan as far as I know) and now seem to have horizonal blur on dvds although the picture is Fantastic. Do I take it that I need a new dvd player and if so what about the Pioneer DV-585A-K, which I assume supercedes the 575 ? Will progressive scan dvd players / newer players be better suited

Regards

Dan.

2. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,435
    Are you inputing comp-i?

3. blackwavesid

blackwavesid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dan-uk

Unfortunately can't offer any insight as to your horizontal blur problem but for what it's worth I recent purchased a Toshiba SD-240E DVD player (with prog scan) for a little over £20 and the picture quality through the component outs is better than the DVI output from my Samsung HD-745 which was £100 more expensive.

Sid

4. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,435
    :hiya:
    Dan doesnt need a progressive player as long as he inputs comp-i the Sagem display will do the scalling and produce a progessive picture. It will do this job far better than most dvd players apart form the very best which would cost around the £1000 mark. :thumbsup: