1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem Hd-45s With Freeview Tuner Any Better Than The Hd45??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jimmyidle, May 5, 2005.

1. jimmyidle

jimmyidle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Can any anyone tell me if the silver version of the Sagem HD45 with the built in freeview tuner is any better than the older black model. I thought with this being a newer one they might of fixed a few of the problems people have writen about on the forum?? I'm finding it very hard not to just go out and buy this TV without any opinions, Please help I need to spend my money soon!!!
    Cheers
    jim.

2. Riva

Riva
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jim,

Im Interested in finding out more info on the HD-D45s you mentioned. Can you tell me where you have seen this set? :confused:

3. -kreep

-kreep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen it in Dixons and Currys for £1899... picture quality was very nice...

4. jimmyidle

jimmyidle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I've seen this set on the Dixons and currys website. I was thinking if this is a new model maybe some of the problems might of been solved. But cant seem to find any clues on the forum. Will keep looking.
    Cheers
    Jim.

5. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Yeah, they have the Sagem running Hi-Def videos streaming from a PC at my local Currys. I must admit it was very good, but there seemed to be some blocking around fine detail at times - almost like jpeg compression artefacts.

Russell

6. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys

The Model that Currys are selling doesn't seem to come with the Side Speakers. The sound comes from the where the bass woofer is on Comet's model. From what I can tell this seems to be the only difference, other then the colour of course. The rear connections seem to be all the same as well. This acounts for the £100 price difference.

As for the Freeview tuner, it is not built in. It is in fact a free box they supply with the unit. I think they sell the same one for around £50. I am sure I saw a recent review for this box in one of the mags and it didn't get a particularily good write up, though, as its free I guess you can't complain.

Hope this helps

7. pnickisson

pnickisson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a HD-D45s delivered saturday.

differences from the HD-d45 are

1) that the d45s doesn't have the speakers or subwoofers (not a problem if you have a home cinema system).

2) you do not get the VGa input on the right side of the unit that the D45 gets

3) you do not get the 7 day EPG that the D45 gets

8. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

Hi :hiya:

The blocking you are seeing is down to the source. There are many different levels of HD at the moment. Alot of the HD trailers have a small/low bitrate and do have compression present. The true test will be when HD is released with a high bitrate and no compression. I just wish it would hurry up :clap: :clap: :clap: .

:D

9. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Even so, I would take that small amount of distortion over my CRT r/pro tv any day. I just cannot for the life of me get a good sharp pic - there is always some colour off balance.

Russell

10. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

What HD software are you using? :D