1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sagem hd 45

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by indie24, Mar 9, 2005.

1. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    i recall a post here recently that said that the sagem hd 45 does have issues with ntsc format. I looked at the comet website and it has a x under ntsc playback?. hmm can this tv play ntsc fine or not as the tosh dlp has a tick in that section. I am buying either a tosh or sagem from comet on sat and i do have quite alot of region 1 films. Also jl do free 5 year warranty so has anyone bought a tv from comet and asked them to give u the 5 year warranty as they do price match with jl as the tv prices are the same. (I can only shop at comet as i have vouchers :mad: )

2. Bruce1310

Bruce1310
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As with the Sagem 50 there are no NTSC issues with the HD-45...most of my collection is R1 and no problems.....as has been noted in another thread some have noticed some judder with the HD demo's in JL....this is likely to be the PC they are using not being the required spec.

3. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    hmm so its a typo on comets website?

4. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    plus 1 more thing it doesnt actually state ntsc playback on sagems site or brochure for the hd45 which i find strange, toshibas it does. Looks like i will get the tosh then

5. Bruce1310

Bruce1310
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI Indie24

If you look in the brochure it states that it accepts 480i. Yes, I think the Comet website has got it wrong. (They have said 'no' to NTSC playback because the brochure does't explicitly say NTSC Playback) I say I think they've got it wrong because I watch NTSC material on it and so do many others with no problem :thumbsup: ...also in a lot of discussion with the sagem Techs, all queries about NTSC have been answered in the affirmative.

The Tosh is a great set but I wouldn't want you to discount the Sagem without a proper trial. Take some NTSC discs and get the shop to play them on both sets.

B.K

6. Chorlton Dragon

Chorlton Dragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to echo what Bruce said - I too have a large number of R1 discs in NTSC and have had no problems with playback, either with judder or image quality. The only problem I have, as others do, is with the progressive component input which has a very slight green hue.

Obviously, I and the others who have just forked out 2 grand on this set aren't likely to turn round and say it's rubbish - but I genuinely think it's the best TV for the money available today. If you can possibly get a demo of R1 material then I highly recommend that you do so. It'll be worth the effort :)

CTD

7. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    The only set I know that has no NTSC playback is the Optoma range. I have a RD65 and have to use a pc with powerstrip to watch my region 1 dvd's, its not perfect but is the best alternative I have. If it can do NTSC the picture will judder every second or so. It is most noticable when the camera pans left/righ up/down. Look at the foreground and if the panning isnt smooth (jerking/judder motion) then the set has NTSC issues.