1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem HD-45 owners, what does the manual say?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Grobnic, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Grobnic

Grobnic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still mulling over getting a Sagem HD-45, my choice is due to the following factors.

I will stand on my current unit (the built-in stand rules out the Sammy 50"), which my four year old daughter can't open yet.
    The size is right for my room (and the wife)
    The price is right (almost anyway)
    I think it looks the business
    I've see many good reviews

I've spent many hours in Comet / Currys trying to address my concerns, these being...

Frosted screen (I can't see this at all)
    SD performance (after playing with thee settings it seemed fine, both for Sky and Ch4 cricket)
    Rainbow effect (I have see this rarely when trying very hard)

What would be helpful to me is to know the details of the colour wheel specifications, but I have not been able to find them. Could anybody tell me the speed and number of segments in this design? I wondered if any current owners had see this in the user manual (just a wild guess), hence the thread title.

My current plan is to wait for more details of the digital version of this TV due for Christmas. If this is the same model with a digital tuner replacing the analog one the choice will depend on price.
    If they have upgraded any of the features (DVI to HDMI connections, more than 1 HD connection or a faster colour wheel) then I may wait on the new version.

2. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll end up waiting and waiting and waiting...

I was in the same predicament, there is that much choice if ands and buts - but at the end of the day you'll keep putting it off and you'll never get one cause a better one is ALWAYS on the Horizon!

I gots me the Sagem HD-D56!

3. Grobnic

Grobnic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi kmhtkmhtkmht :hiya:

I am aware of the risk, but until I have my Xbox360 or Sky HD I can afford to wait a while, but not much beyond Christmas at the most.
    I do like to do my research before I buy which is why I asked about the colour disk specs, do they give the speed and number of segments for the 56"? A was tempted by this but when we measured how big the screen would be even I agreed the 50" is the maximum our room can cope with.

4. CoreyTaylor

CoreyTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have the Sagem 45 and it started playing up in may and ive still not got it fixed, sagem have these engineers who they contract the work to and their sh*t therir very unhelpful and fob u off every time u call them, im not a happy man :(

shame as the tele is amazing and I love it, its a minor fault but they can't even b arsed to come out and have a look and figure out what the problem is *sigh*

I got it from www.plasma-televisions.co.uk and they are very very helpful but ive given them till the end of next week to sort it out or im getting a refund, not happy as I really love my Sagem 45 grrrr

So if your gonna buy one pls be aware that if it plays upsagems engineers r ******s :)

5. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How can you get a refund for something that old?

6. sprattgraham

sprattgraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Here are the contact detials for Andrew Gorman

Technical Support Manager B2C
    SAGEM Communication UK Ltd.
    TEL : 0044 1932 572 923
    E-mail : andrew.gorman@sagem.com

Contact him he is the guy to speak too if you are having problems with TSG Sagem’s Contracted Engineers if your lucky he might come out and fix it for you.

7. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Why not consider the new Samsung 46 incher?

The "frosting" effect of the non-reflective coating on the screen of the Sagem was an effect I thought to be negligible and barely noticeable until I saw the Samsung without said effect and the improvement was immediate and apparent. All of a sudden on the Sagem it tended to leap out especially during bright / white scenes.

Try the snow sequences in Empire Strikes Back. This really was noticeable compared to the Samsung,

Also several reviews have stated that the Sagem has some picture issues with non-high definition material played through the high definition input, again a problem not found with the Samsung.

The Samsung is also a few hundred pounds cheaper than the Sagem, the screen is a whole inch bigger :smashin: and comes with a stand included. The Sagem stand is almost £300! :thumbsdow

8. CoreyTaylor

CoreyTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi sprattgraham

Dude Ive already been onto Andrew but thank you nyway dude :)

Hes very helpful but problem is that bloody TSG are still fobbing me,him and plasma-televisions off the gits lol

And for the other dude of course I can have a refund I only brought it in Feb and then it broke in may, its only cause TSG r sh*t that I haven't had it fixed grrr and besides its got a two year warrenty and I ain't getting stuck with a tele thats no good, especially after paying 2k for it :)

9. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Corey, try for a replacement or a refund.

As someone has pointed out on another thread, your warranty will start anew with a new set, whereas you have already lost seven months of it with this set and will lose more if you keep accepting repairs.

Out of interest, who exactly are TSG?

10. CoreyTaylor

CoreyTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I was thinking bout it today dude and ive given plasma-televisions till the end of the week to sort it or I wnt a re-fund but if not ill just ask for a new set as its not on and I wouldn't mind but its a minor fault and was caused by a thunder storm grrrr

11. Grobnic

Grobnic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Pauly :hiya: (good name :smashin: )

I had not considered the Samsug 46" as i have not see one, neither of my local Comets currently diplay one. You have set me thinking though....

Wify says if I'm going to splash out do it in time for Christmas, so I have a deadline now plus an excuse :thumbsup: