• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sagem DVI Question

dapex

Established Member
I am still waiting to hear form my insurance company if i am getting a new TV or not, if i do I will upgrade to the sagem 56" but I have one slight question. I dont really understand the difference between DVI and HDMI apart from the fact most people seem to think DVI is more stable. I know the Sagem one is HDCP compliant but I have also read that DVI cannot do sound??

I had planned on getting a DVI to HDMI convertor (when I get a HDMI Device) but how will i get sound into the TV if i do that??? I dont really want to use my surround sound all the time...

I may ahve got the wrong end of the stick here but any help would be great.

Cheers

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
You are right DVI does not carry sound, but normally next to the DVI port would be an audio in which you would have to run directly from your DVD set-top box etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom