Sagem DTR6400T HDD replacement??

Flyer90737

Standard Member
Reaction score
I bought the Sagem last year on Ebay for 40 quid, & it's great. Trouble is, it only has 160GB and I want to store at least 100 films for watching on holiday in Spain. I've tried 'exporting' some to a 500GB USB hard-drive but it takes sooo long.
Could I take the drive out of the USB device & swop it with the Sagem internal one? If so, are there any snags to be aware of.
Thanks in advance.

It can be done but only if you're happy dealing with disk images, sector editors and checksum calculation, and assuming the USB drive contains a standard 3.5" ide drive; many now have an integrated USB chip without an IDE interface.

A simpler method is to install the new drive when an OAD is being broadcast, the prospects for which look sadly bleaker as time passes. But the drive will be partitioned, formatted and installed as part of the process. That's only way I know to install a new drive automatically.

Thanks for that pTd. Sounds awfully complicated.
I read about other pvrs from a couple of years ago where the hdds were replaced & no probs. Are internal drives different to usb types, and would one of those, (ATA or IDE) be more suitable? From what I read, it appeared the unit itself had the software to write to the disc. I'm new to all this, so any imformation is most welcome.

I read about other pvrs from a couple of years ago where the hdds were replaced & no probs. Are internal drives different to usb types, and would one of those, (ATA or IDE) be more suitable? From what I read, it appeared the unit itself had the software to write to the disc. I'm new to all this, so any imformation is most welcome.
Just a thought: Could "management Folders" of the original drive be read by a PC & transfered to the replacement somehow??

It is.

The drives are standard, it's the format structure that isn't. The unit will write the software to a new disk but only during an OAD software update as I mentioned. Why that should be no-one knows but Sagem. As far as I know that's the only way the box will install a new drive.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom