Sagem DTR non exportation of files

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by handbaggirl, Feb 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. handbaggirl

handbaggirl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a sagem 6400T/6700T with a usb port for exporting onto external storage device, which i assumed meant a memory stick, so i bought SanDisk 4Gb micro flash which , with help, as im a complete newbie at this, have formatted into Fat 32 which the sagem requested. I still cant transfer anything from the sagem onto the stick, someone said the sagem was looking for an external hard drive, which is a pain as i dont have one of them and i wanted to transfer a couple of flims from the sagem and put them onto a dvd, anyone out there got any advise? Cheers in advance

2. prking

prking

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    I don't have one of these but when I was considering purchasing, I gained the impression that the Sagem was capable only of playing back MP3 and Pictures from a storage device attached to the USB port. It wasn't able to transfer recordings to through the USB port.

3. handbaggirl

handbaggirl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My sagem does have the ability to transfer to an external device and i get all the instruction screens ok, but just as the transfer would start i get the error messages, in the handbook it does tell you the legal bit and that wht you transfer is for personal viewing, but it just doesnt want to transfer onto my memory stick

4. catwoman351

catwoman351

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sagem (problem free so far!) has exported to my Patriot 8Gb memory stick with no problems. It will even transfer stuff that I have edited on the Sagem without a glitch. Perhaps it's because I never thought that there might be a problem until I looked on this site......? Bought from Tesco for under a grand, had it two months.

5. handbaggirl

handbaggirl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    maybe you are doing something that im not, or maybe its my luck and the damn machine is the one in a 1000 thats in a bad mood and will only do things it wants, not what its supposed to do. There is no email addy for sagem they want you to phone, hellooooo, not at my cost for your help thanks very much. Ive give up hoping its every going to work, good luck with yours:smashin:

6. nvingo

nvingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +712
    Try with a very small file (short recording).
    It may be only at the last minute, it realises there's not enough room on the flash drive for the file, and recordings of movies from Freeview can sometimes be 2-3GB

7. handbaggirl

handbaggirl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    tried with a half hour programme, still didnt work:(