Sagem Dlp's????

S

showcase

Hi

i'm still waiting for the my room to get finished, so i have been looking around.
i have heard about the 56" dlp, looks similar to the 45" dlp

nw the confusing thing is that, i went into comet, and they have a new 50"dlp looks slightly better then the 45" i must say and this new 50" has 2 hdmi connection.
so i have a look at sagem website (confusing) no new 50" dlp on the website!!! :(

i nw the 50" dlp is a new dlp, as i have been looking at dlp for quite sometime, as some peeps nw already.

does anyone nw if sagem are going to release a new 56"dlp?

i have to say the new dlp's from sagem looks nice, but i dont quite like the speakers :rolleyes:

cheers

The new 50" is the best of all worlds with the same (less frosty) screen as the 56" but an additional processor on-board to handle upscalling and improving images even better and HDMI ports over DVI.

The 56" is supposed to follow suit soon (certainly by Christmas I understand) but if I am right, it is not being shipped through Comet yet - it is the current/2 months old 'DVI' based one that is still quoted.

The 50 and 56" do not include attached side speakers but do have speaker connections for you to connect your own if you want in place of an Amp.

Cheers:hiya:

i tried to find out, but noo luck.. can any1 tell me if the new sagem has hd4 chip in it...

oh and the new 50" does have side speakers which can be de-attached from the sides... i have seen it in comet :)

Ok I’ve found out what the model numbers for the new Sagem Axium DLP mean.

HD-D56B
HD-D50H G4 T
HD-D45H G4 T

The "H" after the screen size means its High End so that means it has speakers.
The "B" after the screen size means its Basic so that means it has no speakers.

The "G4" mean it’s using the HD4 Chipset.

The "T" means it has a digital tuner.

Comet do use the correct modal numbers also the G4 & T might be round the other way.

sprattgraham said:
Ok I’ve found out what the model numbers for the new Sagem Axium DLP mean.

HD-D56B
HD-D50H G4 T
HD-D45H G4 T

The "H" after the screen size means its High End so that means it has speakers.
The "B" after the screen size means its Basic so that means it has no speakers.

The "G4" mean it’s using the HD4 Chipset.

The "T" means it has a digital tuner.

Comet do use the correct modal numbers also the G4 & T might be round the other way.
Is the H4 chip supposed to be a cut down version of the H2+ chip? Or have I got it the wrong way around?
Thanks in advance!

well comparing the sagem models to the comet sagem models they are different models... so it comes down to checking the manual :(

i think i will need to ring sagem to find out... and if the new models do really have hd4 chip

I know all of the new models HD-D50H & HD-D45H all have the HD-4 Chipset.

Spoke to Andrew Gorman Technical Support Manger For Sagem UK.

The only new DLP at the moment is the HD-D50H which is on Comets website it's real model number is HD-D50H G4 T.

It has the Speakers, HD-4 Chipset and Freeview Tuner.

sprattgraham said:

Spoke to Andrew Gorman Technical Support Manger For Sagem UK.

The only new DLP at the moment is the HD-D50H which is on Comets website it's real model number is HD-D50H G4 T.

It has the Speakers, HD-4 Chipset and Freeview Tuner.

cheers, i wil lgo back to comet and check the 50" out again, the first time i had a quick look and it was pretty good, so going back again to check it out :smashin:

any news on the 56" is it any good? i cannot view the 56" as no store has it yet

sprattgraham said:

What is a HD-4 chipset and how does it differ from the HD2 and HD3 etc?

Thanks.

Just search for HD-4 or HD4. You'll get loads of results.

Basically it's the newest chip (also very cheap). However, a lot of people believe that the older HD2+ is better quality. According to some people though the HD2+ is less pixelly (or grainy) when close up, but the HD4 looks better from normal viewing distance.

Just go check 'em out, I doubt there's much difference.

What I wanted to know is, when will the 45" new version be out?

i'm still waiting for the new 56" to come out.... well if the re-doc of the room is finished early then i guess i will have to go for the new 50" :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom