Sagem DLP HDTV

Wow, good price! Picture should be better than plasma, by quite a margin I would think, higher resolution and better blacks/contrast. Not clear which chip it uses but HD2 or HD2+ would be likely and either will provide stellar performance.

Might be worth popping over to AVSForums to see what they think of the technology as DLP telly's are as rare as hen's teeth in the UK/Europe.
Paul

Now on display in Comet at Cribbs Causeway,Greenwich,Yeading and Croydon only.
Saw it yesterday.Very impressed

By the way,it uses a HD2 chip and is European version of the Optoma DLP in the States.
Very helpful french lady at Sagem,UK plans to install PC based HD demo in these Comet stores next week.

From memory, I'm sure I read a review of the Optoma that was very good indeed!

I'd like a look at this so I'll visit Comet in a couple of weeks and try to get out with my wallet intact. Be interesting to compare the UK price with that of the French and US.
Paul

Just been looking at the specs - the long-gone NathanSilly would sell his soul for on of these :devil: Looks like UK is catching up on the US bigtime!
Paul

Does anyone know how much this TV is being sold in the UK at the Comet stores?

It was on the Comet website last week but has now been removed.

I think it was £2800.

Strange that it has been removed from the Web although they have very few in stock. 4 in store demos plus 4 in Warehouse as of Monday.
Mine was delivered today and it is fantastic.The best TV picture that I have ever experienced in the UK.
Now going to have to have Euro 1080 set box,available in theory next month.

Can you confirm the price at comet?
It seems a bargain when 1280*720 DLP front projectors are much more.
Is the DVI usable with PAL 50Hz DVD's? The PDF doesn't show any resolution working @50HZ.

£2799 plus delivery.Using Samsung 935 into DVI and Pal discs, picture is superb.
Price equates to $ and Euro price very closely so for a change the Brits are not being ripped off.

Originally posted by Hellicopter
£2799 plus delivery.Using Samsung 935 into DVI and Pal discs, picture is superb.
Price equates to $ and Euro price very closely so for a change the Brits are not being ripped off.

Great news about the price - strange how one manufacturer can price realistically for the UK but others find it impossible to do anything other than price hike!

This set really does bring us fully up to speed with the US, well done Optoma! Now, if only we had a decent HDTV service....!
Paul

It looks very good..... im right on the verge of a panasonic plasma but this too looks interesting.....

ad

tell me, do you get rainbows with a dlp rptv?

ad

I have not seen any rainbows on the Sagem so far but this problem does vary from to person.For me, no screen burn v. plasma is a huge advantage

Go for it Buns!

How many Plasma's have resolutions of 1280x720? Plasma black is pretty grim in comparison as well I would think!

Come on, you know it makes sense! Ok, a Plasma flat up against the wall does look cool but my patience would wear thin pretty quickly knowing that the Sagem is better.

(Check for the rainbows first though - do you get 'em on DLP RPTV's?)
Paul

Resolution isnt everything! The panasonic plasma I have intended to buy has 4000:1 CR and is widely acknowledged as great with blacks!

I dont know that the sagem is better you see so it wouldnt bother me so much! I doubt I would be able to see one either and I think it would cost more than the plasma. Add to that that I know that rainbows hassle me on dlp FP's......

really the only thing going for the sagem in my mind is the size...... If the plasma were a 50 inch i wouldnt think twice!

ad

Originally posted by Hellicopter
For me, no screen burn v. plasma is a huge advantage

I thought all RP sets were prone to screen burn, no matter which technology was used...

:confused:

Are DLP RP sets different in that regard then?

Originally posted by PaulB
Toss a coin Buns, I can see this going down to the wire :)
Paul

Unfortunately its all well and good tossing a coin to make the choice, but I think the plasma is the only one I can actually get. NI isnt highly likely to have one of these sets anywhere and I cant find anyone online either.....

ad

COMET ARE THE ONLY STOCKIST AS THEY HAVE SOURCED IT THRU DARTY IN FRANCE.
I ALSO HAVE A PANA PLASMA WHICH I THINK IS VERY GOOD.FOR ME THOUGH SCREEN BURN IS A BIG ISSUE.

well that sorts it then...... we dont have comet over here. Panny plasma here I come!

ad

I rang Comet regarding the price on the Sagem.

£2799.

trouble is my local store doesn't have them, would have to hire some sort of van to go and collect it, i bet the box is HUGE!!

SUGGEST YOU SEE BEFORE YOU BUY ( PREVIOUS POST RE WHICH STORE) BUT COMET WILL DELIVER WHAT IS A HUGE BOX FOR £15.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom