1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem DLP 45

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by stevenC, Mar 19, 2005.

1. stevenC

stevenC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I took delivery of the new Sagem HDD45 yesterday and have coupled this with the new Yamaha speaker system YSP-1 and then the Denon 2910 to play NTSC format. Overall, this is a great mix and the quality I am receiving is just fantastic for both TV through Sky and DVD's.

One good thing that came out of this was purchasing the stand that the Sagem is offered with, its an extrra 300 pounds but the Yamaha speaker fits perfectly into the top shelf and blends in with the system, you wold think its built for that.

Picture quality is just super but we did use correct audio and DVI cables to enhance picture quality at all times. The choice was a Toshiba or the Sagem and pleased now we went for the Sagem.
    Steven

2. skaps

skaps
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how did you use the dvi lead, i mean what have you got it connected to? :hiya:

3. Apollo11

Apollo11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Stevenc, I got my HD45 yesterday and cannot get it to work via hdmi, are you using an hdmi to dvi cable or an adapter at one end of an hdmi lead? This problem is driving me mad as I only bought the Sagem due to its HDMI capability!!

Richard (AVnut70)

4. pwrslide

pwrslide

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have got my hd45 conected to a samsung hd745 with a dvi to dvi cable picture very good

5. n00b

n00b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    avnut i am using a hdmi to dvi cable with the S97 and it works fine with my d45, although i have a feeling the d45 will need to be swapped out soon because the spdif sockets have suddenly stopped doing passthrough :mad:

6. Apollo11

Apollo11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    nOOb, thanks for the reply, does you dvd player have to be connected to the HD45 to select enable HDMI in it's setup menu or can you select at any stage? Im trying to establish whether the cause of my problem is with the hd45 and my dvd player not communicating via hdmi (hopefully this can be sorted easilly)

Cheers

Richard.
    AVnut70 :eek: